[sles-beta] [Sleha-beta] End of Beta Test

Richard Brown rbrown at suse.de
Fri Oct 24 01:52:27 MDT 2014

On Fri, 2014-10-24 at 07:39 +0000, Waite, Dick wrote:
> Grand Foggy Morning,
>
> One last post before we close, has anyone managed to run a successful Upgrade from SLE11-SP3 to SLES12 on the zLinux platform?
> With some jiggery pokery I can run an Upgrade on x86_64 on VMware but we have failed from my first try at Beta3 to get an upgrade to run on zLinux. I'd be interested to know if anyone has succeeded. We start from a grand running SLE11-SP3 with KDE and network working well and end up sometimes getting the re-ipl to work but no network or GUI but often just a blank screen.
> Not made much noise as we needed x86_64 running before effort is made on zLinux and as there were no other good people making noise then it must be Okay and it's something we were doing wrong. A new install does run, but we don't do new installs .... even with new installs we have issues but have a few work-a-rounds.
>
> Inquiring minds would like to know...
>
> __R

I've done upgrades for SLES 11 to SLES 12 on s390x on a number of
builds, including Betas and GMCs. The process certainly worked without
issues the last time I tested it.

Richard Brown
QA Engineer
openSUSE Chairman

Phone +4991174053-361
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH,  Maxfeldstr. 5,  D-90409 Nuernberg
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendoerffer, HRB 16746 (AG Nuernberg)