[sles-beta] SLES11-SP4 Beta 4

Stefan Behlert behlert at suse.com
Fri Apr 24 04:15:00 MDT 2015

Moin,

On Apr 23, 15 19:10:05 +0000, Waite, Dick wrote:
> Grand Evening of St. George's Day,
>
> Weather forecast for the next few days in Germany look quite wet, thought
> of giving Beta 4 a good seeing to would be a grand way to past the wet
> days until Spring came back. But it's just going past midday in Seattle,
> we did get Windows 10 100-61 today, but no sign of Beta 4...

The sun is shining brightly outside of our building, and as everybody wants
to go into the weekend, we have now started the process of uploading images
to the download servers.

As heat has the sideeffect of enlarging stuff like metal lines, the time
until you will see the images may vary depending on your current outside
temperature...

We will announce Beta 4 once we see images on at least one of the download
servers, which might still take a few hours.

> From the point of view of planing it would be good to know if overnight
> the fairies would populate Beta 4 onto the servers.  All on this list our
> in the trade, we all know what can go wrong will go wrong at the wrong
> time, so if Beta 4 is slipping, then let's know. An issue shared is an
> issue halved.

We try hard to avoid slips beyond a week-end, releases on Fridays are (from
my point of view) in the range of uncertainty we have to cope with.
Although we here don't like it either ;)

Enjoy your week-end, and until then - look out for our announcement ;)

        ciao,
          Stefan

--
Stefan Behlert, SUSE LINUX
Release Manager Enterprise Server

Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409 Nuernberg, Germany
Phone +49-911-74053-173
SUSE LINUX GmbH, Nuernberg; GF: Felix Imendoerffer, Jane Smithard, Jennifer Guild, Dilip Upmanyu, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)