[sles-beta] kde = ksnapshot - gnome = ?

Matthias G. Eckermann mge at suse.com
Wed Apr 29 01:05:17 MDT 2015

Hello Dick and all,

On 2015-04-29 T 06:53 +0000 Waite, Dick (External) wrote:

> I need to take some screen shots to pass on to others.
> With KDE I was happy with ksnapshot, with SLES 12 and
> gnome I have tried a few of Googles results but they
> are either not part of SLES 12 or very complicated.
>
> gnome-screenshot --help will give you plenty of
> options. -- This seems to be the one but it's not on
> SLES12 or how to I load it?
>
> For more options run shutter --help command -- This
> looks quite good but again I can't find it on SLES 12
>
> I'm sure there is something simple like ksnapshot, but
> it's not jumping out at me.
>
> Comments and help would be welcome.

I had the same issue, until I learned that it is too
simple to believe: just press the "Print" key on your
keyboard, and you have a "Screenshot..." file in your
home directory.

Now, if you do not want the full screen, you may press
Shift-"Print" to select the region with the mouse. Press
Enter, and done. Alt-"Print" gives you a screenshot of
the window your mouse is over.

Admittedly, having the Screenshot* files in the home
directory is not the perfect world, but the rest of
this works quite well.

So long -
	MgE

--
Matthias G. Eckermann    Senior Product Manager          SUSE® Linux Enterprise
Phone: +49 30 44315731   Mobile/DE: +49 179 2949448  Mobile/US: +1 917 607 4687