[sles-beta] SLES11-Sp4 GMC succesfully installed, many smartd messages

urs.frey at post.ch urs.frey at post.ch
Wed Jun 24 04:00:15 MDT 2015

Hi Stefan
Only hot air, sorry for that.

I disabled service smartd during autoyast installation locally here.
Smartd is not applicable for me, because on HP Servers local drives are monitored by HP-tools.
On VMware smartmontools are not applicable too, because we are on virtual drives.

The only thing I forgot about, is to disable after online update from SLES11SP3 to SLES11SP4, because with a package update, the daemon gets enabled again.
But that's a local story, so not to worry about.

Best regards

Urs Frey
Post CH AG
Informationstechnologie