[sles-beta] [ANNOUNCE] Beta test Subscription key for SLE 12 SP1 Beta

Vincent Moutoussamy vmoutoussamy at suse.com
Tue Aug 11 10:05:32 MDT 2015

Good news everyone,

We are happy to announce the availability of “Beta Registration key” for our
SLE 12 SP1 Beta program. We have generate separate private keys for each
product : SLES, SLED, HA.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dear customers and partners, by now you should have received a private email
with your private keys and the FAQ of the Beta Test Subscription.

If you did not received this email or if you have any issue regarding the Beta
Test Subscription and key, please contact us at beta-programs at lists.suse.com
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@SUSE employees, we did not forget you! More information will reach you soon.
Of course you can also contact us at beta-programs at lists.suse.com for any report.

access to all the products and will allow you to test the online migration
and the registration flow.

2. Will a Beta Subscription allow me to register a SLES/SLED 12 GA?
Yes, the Beta Subscriptions allows you access previously released versions of
SLES.

3. I want SLES, SLED and HA keys, why did I receive only the SLES one ?
We do not have unlimited keys for this beta, so we provide the key according
to your SLE 12 SP1 beta survey preferences. If you said that you only wanted
to test SLES 12 SP1, we only send the SLES Beta keys.

Please contact me at beta-programs at lists.suse.com if you would like to request
a different product key.

4. How should the migration from SLE 12 GA to SLE 12 SP1 (with registration) be tested?
All your current subscriptions don't have yet access to SLES 12 SP1, only
the new beta subscription provide you access to these products.
Due to this limitation, if you are testing the online migration, please
register machine/instances using only the beta subscriptions.

5. How can I use a Beta Subscriptions?
Before using the registration key on your system, please take 2 min and
active the subscription.

The steps are the following:

- Go to https://scc.suse.com and login
- Access "Manually activate my subscription" from the dashboard
- Read and Accept Terms and Conditions
- Select the organization under which you would like to activate the
subscription. You can create a new organization, if you want.

Once the subscription has been activated, you will be able to use it
to either directly register the system against SUSE Customer Center
or access the Beta products via tools like SMT.

The simple way to register your system against SUSE Customer Center is
by using the SUSEConnect command line (you can also do it via YaST):

# SUSEConnect -r regkey -e myemailaddress --url https://scc.suse.com

6. The registration process is not working, what should I do ?
If you have the following error message :
Error: SCC returned 'The subscription with the provided regcode does not
include the requested product' (422)

It means that you tried to register a key attached to a specific product to
a server with another specific product.

Keep in mind that there is specific key for the each product SLES, SLED and HA.
For instance you will face the error (422) if you try to register a SLED with a SLES
Beta registration key.

/!\ If you have any other issues please contact me at beta-programs at lists.suse.com.

7. Which is the lifespan of a Beta Subscriptions?
A Beta subscription is available for 6 months.

8. How many system am I allowed to register using a Beta Subscription?
The limit is set to 1 system with unlimited VMs running on the same systems.

9. Can I de-register a system that's using a Beta Subscription?
Yes, you can de-register the system via the SCC user interface.
Soon we'll able you to de-register a system using SUSEConnect command line.

I hope this FAQ helps you to understand what’s the purpose of the Beta subscription
for SLE 12 SP1 Beta, to setup your system to test the SP migration, and
to you test the scc registration.

Do not hesitate to contact me for further information or any logistic issues
at beta-programs at lists.suse.com.

Happy beta testing !

Kind regards,

--
Vincent Moutoussamy
SUSE Beta Program and SDK Project Manager