[sles-beta] legacy repo

Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de
Thu Aug 27 07:45:24 MDT 2015

On Thu, Aug 27, Czanik, Péter wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to ask, what is the status of the "legacy" repo. Some of the extra
> repositories already have "SP1" in their description, while the "legacy"
> repo and some others don't.

No Module as a "SP1" in their description. No module will ever get a
SP1 in their description.

That modules differ from the SLES lifecycle is documented in the
SLES 12 GA release notes:
"SUSE Linux Enterprise Server Modules offer a choice of supplemental
 packages, ranging from tools for Web Development and Scripting, through
 a Cloud Management module, all the way to a sneak preview of SUSE's
 upcoming management tooling called Advanced Systems Management. Modules
 are part of your SUSE Linux Enterprise Server subscription, are technically
 delivered as online repositories, and differ from the base of SUSE Linux
 Enterprise Server only by their lifecycle. "

> I'm asking, as i'm from BalaBit, developers of syslog-ng. Syslog-ng was the
> default logging solution in SLES until recently and now it's part of the
> "legacy" repo. Next to other features I'd like to test syslog-ng on SLES 12
> SP1.

You can test it, just install and use it ;)

 Regards,
  Thorsten

GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)