[sles-beta] SLE-Classic et. al.

Waite, Dick (External) Dick.Waite at softwareag.com
Sun Nov 1 06:21:59 MST 2015

Grand Foggy Sunday Afternoon,

The Rugby World Cup finished yesterday, fantastic game, if you have never seen good Rugby Union then get a copy of the game yesterday.

F1 in Mexico starts late in afternoon...

So time to tidy up some RC3 systems before the big GMC...

One item on the DM does get my goat. I use SLE Classic 'cos that is SUSE version of the wonderful KDE..
How does one stop the icons on the desktop going walk about. In Windows you can put them where you want them, hit refresh and they stay put?

We seem to be stuck with just two screens for background and lock, has anyone found a way to "personalize" ones own desktop, and have it return after a restart?

We do have quite a number of modules now that you can add into the mix, would it be very hard to have a KDE module so that one could have a DM of ones own choice ?

I have been using my openSUSE LEAP 42-1 as my DM (display interface), grand version of KDE running there, I do believe it's the default... One also notes the cpu usage goes down...Very handy when your main work load is running on a s390x.

Talking of s390x I have not tried an install yet due to the issues being reported. Can anyone confirm the s390x platform is good to install a RC3 on ?

Have a good November...

__R

Software AG – Sitz/Registered office: Uhlandstraße 12, 64297 Darmstadt, Germany – Registergericht/Commercial register: Darmstadt HRB 1562 - Vorstand/Management Board: Karl-Heinz Streibich (Vorsitzender/Chairman), Eric Duffaut, Dr. Wolfram Jost, Arnd Zinnhardt; - Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dr. Andreas Bereczky - http://www.softwareag.com