[sles-beta] LVM startup issues...

Joel Barbieri Joel.Barbieri at merge.com
Mon Nov 16 10:17:13 MST 2015

I am still having this issue with a fresh build based on RC3.

So I don't know if that is a re-open of an SR, an new SR, or how it should be handled.

I can probably share the custom ISO we create to assist troubleshooting, or the yast profile, or whatnot.

The boot time message is...

[ TIME ] Timed out waiting for device dev-vg00-lv_emageon.device.
[DEPEND] Dependency failed for /opt/emageon.
[DEPEND] Dependency failed for Local File Systems.
[DEPEND] Dependency failed for Postfix Mail Transport Agent.

OK...don't understand why Postfix has a message on this, but, it is there...

Disk layout is...
/dev/sda1 /boot/efi 156M
/dev/sda2 / 4G
/dev/sda3 [swap] 4G
/dev/sda4 /usr 8G
/dev/sda5 /tmp 2G
/dev/sda6 /var 4G
/dev/sda7 /opt 16G
/dev/sda8 LVM vg00, contains lv_emageon at 8G [initial]...

All filesystems are xfs, except for /boot/efi which is a DOS variant as required.

We use by name.  I would argue it is still nicer.  Humans don't deal well with UUIDs, though I would consider using them in a SAN environment, but would probably still utilize the bindings file from mpath.

-Joel