[sles-beta] SLE-Classic et. al.

Scott Bahling sbahling at suse.com
Tue Nov 24 03:22:08 MST 2015

On Tue, 2015-11-24 at 06:49 +0000, Waite, Dick (External) wrote:
> Grand New Day,
>
> I have been keeping an eye on what "Backports". Not a lot in the
> SLES12 area but the good LEAP-42-1 has a lot of good stuff. Now we are
> coming down to the short strokes with SLES12-SP1 I'd very much like to
> do my own "product" testing with the DM I have used for years. How
> long will it take before we see KDE on the "backports" and be able to
> download and use.

Not before SP1 is released. It has come to our attention that KDE
requires updating some core libraries in SLE12 and the risk of doing
that still needs to be assessed. Updating those libraries on the SP1
media at this point in time is not an option. We are looking into other
options at the moment, but our priority is on getting SP1 released.

-Scott