[caasp-beta] Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: has realy someone tried the installation ?

Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.com
Wed Apr 5 00:15:30 MDT 2017

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 05, Sebastian.Zielenski at edeka.de wrote:

> Hi Thorsten,
>
> Lets focus the installation from scratch. In my opinion it looks like the
> network stack has a problem.
> Because when I try the Installation from the controller  with dhcp instead of a
> static configuration no ip address shows up but if use a joes Image with dhcp
> during the installation everything is fine

The network stack is identical on JeOS, SLES and CaaSP.

> Docker ps looks like in the screenshot

That's looks good. So I assume, you did install an administration node,
you could connect to the dashboard and login, but the workers will not
get an IP address?

If yes, please try the following:
Take the DVD and install a worker. Without autoyast, but full manual.
On the YaST installer settings page, you select "Worker" as system role
and you enter the hostname or IP of the administration dashboard node.
Network: you can try the default, dhcp, and setting a static IP.

If this does not work: I need a bug report with all logs from /var/log
and a description of the environment.

If this works and the autoyast installation does not work: I need a
bug report with all logs from /var/log and the autoyast profile.

  Thanks,
    Thorsten