[caasp-beta] dashboard login does not work with kubconfig

Rob de Canha-Knight rob.decanha-knight at suse.com
Tue Oct 24 11:33:57 MDT 2017

The newer versions of the dashboards require additional steps to function (namely providing ssl certs to the init container that now runs before the dashboard launches)

I strongly recommend you use an older version until we have a published way to use one of the newer ones. This was a breaking upstream change that was done and is the same on any k8s cluster with newer versions of the dashboard.

For caasp 1:

kubectl create -f https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kubernetes/dashboard/v1.6.3/src/deploy/kubernetes-dashboard-no-rbac.yaml

For caasp 2:

kubectl create -f https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kubernetes/dashboard/v1.6.3/src/deploy/kubernetes-dashboard.yaml

We will have recommendations posted for the 1.7 version of the dashboard once we have finalised something.

-----

Rob de Canha-Knight

EMEA Platform and Management Technical Strategist

SUSE

rob.decanha-knight at suse.com

(P)  +44 (0) 1635 937689

(M) +44 (0) 7392 087303