[caasp-beta] Micro OS NIC bonding

Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.com
Thu Oct 26 23:24:55 MDT 2017

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 26, David Mace wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it supported to edit the autoyast.xml provided by the CaaSP admin
> node with NIC bonding settings. For example;

Editing the autoyast.xml profile is allowed. If we support that depends
on what the problem is, like with SLES. If an autoyast bug itself, we
will support. If a problem with the customers autoyast profile, we will
not support this.
Bonding of NICs: if all needed tools are there, it is fine with us.
If not, then this needs a feature request.

> And does the MicroOS support Autoyast pre-scripts? For example, we
> replace the "nic1" and "nic2" values above with a pre-script which
> detects the first two valid devices

We use already script sections in the default autoyast profile.
If it is a first stage functionality, the script should be executed
correctly. If not and it is a autoyast bug, we will fix it. If it
is a problem with the script itself, we can of course not support that.
If you choose an autoyast option, which exist or is executed only in
the second stage of autoyast: since we don't have this, this is not
supported.

  Thorsten