[caasp-beta] Micro OS NIC bonding

David Mace David.Mace at smartodds.co.uk
Fri Oct 27 10:38:31 MDT 2017

Hi Thorsten

Having some issues;

I provisioned a physical server using the autoyast.xml from the CaaS
admin server and I also put those network bonding changes I detailed in
the previous email.

The CaaS worker node completed the installation OK and I was able to SSH
from the admin server.

I could see that the network bonding worked. The devices "em1" and "em2"
were bonded to "bond0" I could ping the server from any host on the network

The CaaS worker node appeared in the Velum UI and I was able to accept
the host.

However when I then tried to add it to the Kubernetes cluster this
failed and showed the worker with a red cross in the Velum UI.

I put the log "/var/log/messages" for the CaaS worker node in a gist here:

https://gist.github.com/megamaced/4adaaeb42f4ca4f5bd937851b8d9ad5b

I noticed this error in the log:

salt-minion[2785]: [ERROR   ] Interface eth0 not found.

This suggests to me maybe eth0 is hard-coded somewhere in a Salt state?
Obviously eth0 is very likely to be valid for a virtual machine, but in
my experience physical machine network devices are more varied like
"em1" or "p6p1" or in my case "bond0"

Cheers

David

--
David Mace
Senior Systems Architect

Unit 531 Highgate Studios
53-79 Highgate Road
London NW5 1TL

email: david.mace at smartodds.co.uk
+44 (0)20 7482 9300          (tel)
+44 (0)20 7482 3682          (fax)
+44 (0)77 4339 7664          (mobile)

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you receive it in error or are not the intended recipient you must not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance upon it. Instead, please notify us immediately by telephoning +44 (20) 74820223 and delete the material from your systems. Smartodds is a business carried on by Smartodds Limited, a company registered with the Registrar of Companies for England and Wales with number 05108548. Registered office: Unit 531 Highgate Studios, 53-79 Highgate Road, London NW5 1TL