[Containers] Unable to "docker login" to Portus when using the docker-compose development setup and LDAP

Todd Morgan Todd.Morgan at cgu.com.au
Tue Dec 22 19:18:05 MST 2015

Hi,
  I'm attempting to setup a play Portus instance using pure Docker. I followed the instructions here https://github.com/SUSE/Portus/wiki/Docker-Compose-Environment and have been able to get the instance running against my LDAP container and authenticating my initial (admin) user using an appropriate config-local.yml.

My problem is that I am not able to perform the "docker login" in order to use the system. I have verified several different LDAP based accounts are able to login to the portus web ui successfully.

Could someone please advise where exactly that I could find the appropriate log file (and within which container) in order to try and diagnose the docker login failure.

I have tried to docker login both with an LDAP user which yields

Error response from daemon: Wrong login/password, please try again

And a local user (just created within Portus i.e. no LDAP).

Error response from daemon: Wrong login/password, please try again

I have also tried logging in from the actual host running the portus application.

Which makes no difference.

Thanks for your consideration.

Todd

The information transmitted in this message and its attachments (if any) is intended
only for the person or entity to which it is addressed.
The message may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review,
retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance
upon this information, by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is
prohibited.

If you have received this in error, please contact the sender and delete this e-mail
and associated material from any computer.

The intended recipient of this e-mail may only use, reproduce, disclose or distribute
the information contained in this e-mail and any attached files, with the permission
of the sender.

This message has been scanned for viruses.