[Deepsea-users] DeepSea 0.7.6

Joao Eduardo Luis joao at suse.de
Sun Apr 23 07:50:55 MDT 2017

On 04/22/2017 02:43 PM, Eric Jackson wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>   DeepSea 0.7.6 has been released.  The notable feature is the rolling
> upgrade.  With a running Ceph cluster, an admin can gracefully upgrade the OS,
> Salt and Ceph.  See my previous email about specifics.  The CHANGELOG is listed
> below:
>
> - Rolling upgrade

I must say I'm a bit surprised seeing this today, just a single day
after you gave a "heads up about a large PR to implement the rolling
upgrade".

Has this behemoth of a PR, with "81 commits and 55 files [...] Several
of these [... being ...] new" been properly peer-reviewed and discussed?

I ask this because upon checking the PR on github, as well as the merge
commit, I see no discussion or reviews/Reviewed-by.

It feels strange seeing such a large PR, with roughly 1.4k added lines,
to be announced one day and merged the very next; especially without
seeing any sort of involvement from anyone else (beside the authors).

Additionally, I'm inclined to presume there were no other set of eyes on
the PR due to commits such as

   3dd3fe474df036ed4322b4d03da9d57934ac3baa

which fixes a 'typo', and could have been squashed with the previous commit

   7ca4dabbd2311a04eb39b03c2b29343970f7e476

(which, in this case, would have reduced the number of commits in the
patch set).

And I have this feeling that many more like them are out there,
considering some of the commit messages.

   -Joao