[Deepsea-users] timeout disengage.safety

Robert Grosschopff Robert.Grosschopff at suse.com
Wed Aug 8 06:03:24 MDT 2018

Hi *,

problem is solved now. It was a network issue.
public network :  172.16.2.0/24
cluster network : 172.16.1.0/24

The admin node had a second IP 192.168.168.220 attached to its interface. This caused deepsea to consider that IP as well causing long delays whenever a deepsea command was executed.
'salt test.ping' used only the addresses defined by the public network whereas 'salt-run net.ping' tried to ping from every available IP that is part of the admin node. I suspect that the other deepsea commands do not limit themselves to IPs that are part of the public network only. After removing that left-over IP all commands where _much_ faster.

Thanks
Robert