[sle-beta] SLE-Beta SLES12-SP3 Beta Migration - S390x

Waite, Dick (External) Dick.Waite at softwareag.com
Mon May 22 02:14:17 MDT 2017

Grand New Monday,

I updated four s390x machines this morning to SLES12 SP-3 Beta-3. No issues seen on the update or basic IVP’s

90% of my machines are virtual, so I have a “checkpoint” safety net at the last GA point.

I have found that:
zipper migration –query   run and seems to “Tidy-up” and re-build the SUSE repository environment, and then lets you know there is no action to take.

I then run:
zypper dup –details –l and this does the update from Beta-n to Beta-n+1 and so far this has been good builds…

I do have a Check Point at SP-2 GA so maybe that is not a good path for physical machines.

So now time for a bit more than basic IVP’s and of course some “KDE” updates…

Regards,

__R