[sle-beta] Anyone seeing issues with starting gnome-terminal?

Mike Marion mmarion at qualcomm.com
Mon Nov 20 10:09:41 MST 2017

On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 05:32:12PM +0100, Frederic Crozat wrote:

> I'm not sure I fully understand your use-case.
>
> Are you trying to run gnome-terminal over ssh ?

I was initially trying to run it in NX, but then yes, simply trying to
start one over ssh fails.  It's a VM without a GUI login locally, so I'm
going to also test on bare metal to see if the same thing happens there
when I get a chance.  Perhaps it's simply related to the fact that there
isn't an X11/Xorg running on the console at this point.

--
Mike Marion-Unix SysAdmin/Sr. Staff IT Engineer-http://www.qualcomm.com