[sle-beta] : Migrating from SLE 12 to SLE 15 SP1 Beta X

Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.com
Thu Dec 20 10:10:27 MST 2018

On Thu, Dec 20, Waite, Dick (External) wrote:

> Grand Morning Thorsten,
> Many thanks for the update. I'm on another site today and off for Christmas holidays in Ireland on Friday. So It will be Wednesday 3rd  Jan before I can make some changes.
> I think the log starts with a zypper migration --query, before that I addend the test reg-code, the run a zypper up to check all was well and there were no new patches, I should have shown that as well, will be next time.
> When the migration --query runs Okay I shutdown -h now and when down take a snapshot, this is all under VMware Workstation 15.0.3. so I know I have a good point to return to if things don't go well. After the re-ipl I run the --query again and then the migration. The chatter around  "snapper" is always there but the new signing key is new....
> Sorry about the timing, but it will be the 1st task on the 3rd.
> I'll go back to the snapshot and run a --rollback ?
> If you can give me some pointers on what diagnostic to set I'd be obliged.

All I can say is: zypper cannot find the public key for the repo.
Either your installed system does not contain our public keys, but
I have no idea how you could have get the system into that state and
how to fix that, or the update repo is not our official one but an own
one signed with another key.

With a fresh installed SLES15 and the repos provided by SCC/update.suse.com,
I cannot reproduce your problem, zypper identifies the key correct.

  Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kukuk, Distinguished Engineer, Senior Architect SLES & MicroOS