[sle-beta] : Migrating from SLE 12 to SLE 15 SP1 Beta X

Vincent Moutoussamy vmoutoussamy at suse.com
Fri Dec 21 09:13:07 MST 2018

Bonsoir,
> On 19 Dec 2018, at 16:40, Waite, Dick (External) <Dick.Waite at softwareag.com> wrote:
>
> Grand Grey Wednesday,
>
> – Migrating from SLE 12 to SLE 15 SP1 Beta X

Yes the FAQ was not using the correct terminology[1] for update/upgrade/migration.
I’m sorry about this and I have changed the wording accordingly, I have also
added more pointer the our official “Upgrade Guide”[2].

The FAQ looks like this now:
- Migrating from SLE 15 GA to SLE 15 SP1 Beta X
https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/sle-beta/#faq-update1 <https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/sle-beta/#faq-update1>
- Upgrading from SLE 12 to SLE 15 SP1 Beta X
https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/sle-beta/#faq-update2 <https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/sle-beta/#faq-update2>
- Updating from SLE 15 SP1 Beta X to SLE 15 SP1 Beta X+N
https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/sle-beta/#faq-update3 <https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/sle-beta/#faq-update3>
- Updating from SLE 15 SP1 Beta X to SLE 15 SP1 GM
https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/sle-beta/#faq-update4 <https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/sle-beta/#faq-update4>

Please let me know if it’s more clear and if anything is still missing.

Sorry again for the inconvenience but thank you for the feedback which allow us
to improve and move forward!

Have a nice week-end and holidays everyone.

Regards,

[1] https://www.suse.com/documentation/sles-15/singlehtml/book_sle_upgrade/book_sle_upgrade.html#sec.upgrade-background.terminology <https://www.suse.com/documentation/sles-15/singlehtml/book_sle_upgrade/book_sle_upgrade.html#sec.upgrade-background.terminology>.
[2] https://www.suse.com/documentation/sles-15/singlehtml/book_sle_upgrade/book_sle_upgrade.html <https://www.suse.com/documentation/sles-15/singlehtml/book_sle_upgrade/book_sle_upgrade.html#sec.upgrade-background.terminology>

--
Vincent Moutoussamy
SUSE Beta Program, JeOS and SDK Project Manager