[sle-beta] [ANNOUNCE] SUSE Linux Enterprise 15 is now Beta 7!

SUSE Beta Program beta-programs at lists.suse.com
Fri Feb 16 07:53:17 MST 2018

Here it comes! Beta 7 of SUSE Linux Enterprise 15:
  SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES),
  SUSE Linux Enterprise Just Enough Operating System(JeOS),
  SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop (SLED),
  SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability (SLE-HA),
  and SUSE Linux Enterprise Workstation Extension (SLE-WE)

Download[1]

== Important Notice
- At the time of this announcement, SCC channels are still being synced for Beta7.
We recommend using Packages DVD until we notify you when SCC is fully updated, otherwise,
you might install a mix of Beta6 and Beta7 modules

- Due to some technical issues with our mainframe, we are not able to deliver s390x
images for Beta7. S390x images will be back with next milestone.

=Packages DVD
When using Packages DVD to install SLE modules, please make sure to also add the
Product repository you are installing (SLES / SLED / HA / ...) from Packages DVD.
Not doing so might result in missing system roles during installation.

=Notable changes
- Migration from SLE 12 to SLE 15:
We have settle the ground for the support of the Migration scenarios from SLE 12
to SLE 15.
  - Offline migration: By using the "SLE-15-Installer" and "SLE-15-Packages" isos manually.
  - Online migration: By using the a SLE 15 Beta Registration Code on a SLE 12 instance and
  booting on the "SLE-15-Installer". Then select and follow the "Upgrade" wizard.
- SLES 15 JeOS images are now available for download and testing!
- The Desktop Productivity Module has been replaced by the SLE Workstation Extension.
This will only be an issue if you do an upgrade from a former Beta installation (which is
an unsupported scenario[6]).
- The HA Module and HA Product have been combined to one HA Product which will be available
for the various products where it's eligible. Reason for the changes with those two modules
is that we want to simplify the universe.
- yast2-ca-management is no longer provided (FATE#319119).
- OpenSSL 1.0 is no longer installed by default, all packages have been migrated to
OpenSSL 1.1. OpenSSL 1.0 will be available in Legacy module in the next milestone.

=Fixed bugs in Beta 7 (selection):
- SLED / Workstation Extension: GNOME (Wayland) system role installs without error now.
- Drop yast2-inetd (fate#323373) ; many yast2 modules were adapted to use systemd socket
activation instead of inetd.
- Many YaST components were updated to configure firewalld instead of SuSEfirewall2.

== More information
SLE Beta Page[2]
Release Notes[3]
Known Issues[4]

  Your SUSE Linux Enterprise Team

== Beta Program
Please refer to our dedicated SLE Beta Program webpage[1] for any general
information. However, do not hesitate to contact us at
beta-programs at lists.suse.com if you have any questions.

You received this email because you're signed up to get updates from us.
Please send an email to beta-programs at lists.suse.com if you want to
unsubscribe.

[1] https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/sle-beta/#download
[2] https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/sle-beta