[sle-beta] beta5: Cannot adjust 'NTP' service when NTP was enabled in installer

Bernd ecki at zusammenkunft.net
Sat Jan 27 17:31:02 MST 2018

Hello,

If I install beta5 with no registration/packages and select under settings
to get the time from the NTP pool the screen with the timezone map shows me
the right (updated) time.

But if I proceed with the installation the "Performing Installation" screen
(Step: "Save Installation Settings" -> "Writing NTP Configuration...")
shows a popup "Cannot adjust 'NTP' service.". This popup does not happen
when I do not enable NTP. When clicking OK the installation proceeds.

Gruss
Bernd

PS: in the timezone selection the "hardware clock in UTC" does not adjust
the currently displayed time. It is a bit frustrating when you select a
timezone and the displayed current time is off by an hour. Because you have
to switch on the UTC mode and then go to manual settings and correct the
time (or turn on NTP as I did). I think former versions of SLES has that
"feature" as well.