[ANNOUNCE] SUSE Linux Enterprise 15 SP6 PublicRC-202404 is out

SUSE Public Beta Program beta-programs at suse.com
Thu Apr 25 15:58:30 UTC 2024

We are thrilled to share the release of PublicRC-202404 for SUSE Linux
Enterprise 15 Service Pack 6 with our Public Program members.
Important notice Refresh Service Pack

SLE 15 SP6 is a "Refresh
<https://www.suse.com/c/how-suse-builds-its-enterprise-linux-distribution-part-4/>"
Service Pack. Our Release Management team has guided our engineering teams
in updating packages in SLE 15 SP6 to a new openSUSE Factory version.
Still, we are carefully evaluating and accepting package updates while
checking for the latest changes in the upstream project and verifying that
they are not breaking any ABI.

Download

You can download the PublicRC images from our official site.

https://www.suse.com/download/sles/
Beta Registration Codes

If you want to participate in our Partner Program, please contact us at
beta-programs at suse.com to request to become a member and get your
Registration Codes. As a part of this, you will benefit from our Online
Updates on your installed system or test the snapshots!
Notice about the xz backdoor

SUSE products, including SLE 15 SP6, were unaffected by the recent xz
backdoor (CVE-2024-3094)
<https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2024-3094.html>.
Nevertheless, out of an abundance of caution, we reverted to the last
version verified and signed by the original maintainer (5.4.1).
Further Information

Scheduled releases:

https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/sle-beta/#releases

Known Issues:

https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/sle-beta/#issues

Questions?

If you have any questions, please contact us at

Your SUSE Linux Enterprise Team