[ANNOUNCE] SUSE Linux Enterprise 15 SP6 PublicRC-202404 is out

Steven Clinton Drake sdrake at csa.canon.com
Mon Apr 29 19:45:17 UTC 2024

Hi,

Installed PublicRC of SLES15 SP6 on HP Gen11 server.
Enabling Desktop Icons not possible.  This also occurred with the 1st beta version of SP6 but could be resolved by adding gnome extensions from extensions.org.gnome and then installing addon Desktop Icons NG (DING).  This doesn't work on the PublicRC beta.  In fact, after installing Gnome extensions an error (unexpected error occurred - no further information) is displayed in the browser.

Tried dconf-editor and enabled /org/gnome/desktop/background/show-desktop-icons but this didn't work either.

Is there another method to enable desktop icons?

Regards,
Steve

[Canon Solutions America, Inc.]
Steve Drake
Sr. Engineer
Canon Solutions America, Inc.
4560 Communications Ave, Suite 100, Boca Raton, Fl 33431
www.csa.canon.com<http://www.csa.canon.com/>
sdrake at csa.canon.com<mailto:sdrake at csa.canon.com>
T 561.997.3233