SUSE-SU-2026:4409-1: important: Security update for gimp

SLE-SECURITY-UPDATES null at suse.de
Thu Oct 1 12:31:02 UTC 2026


# Security update for gimp

Announcement ID: SUSE-SU-2026:4409-1  
Release Date: 2026-10-01T07:07:36Z  
Rating: important  
References:

  * bsc#1276230
  * bsc#1276231
  * bsc#1276232
  * bsc#1276233
  * bsc#1276234
  * bsc#1276235
  * bsc#1276236
  * bsc#1280511
  * bsc#1280512
  * bsc#1280739

  
Cross-References:

  * CVE-2026-18301
  * CVE-2026-18302
  * CVE-2026-18303
  * CVE-2026-18304
  * CVE-2026-18305
  * CVE-2026-18306
  * CVE-2026-18307
  * CVE-2026-90947
  * CVE-2026-90948
  * CVE-2026-92248

  
CVSS scores:

  * CVE-2026-18301 ( SUSE ):  7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-18301 ( NVD ):  7.8 CVSS:3.0/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-18302 ( SUSE ):  7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-18302 ( NVD ):  7.8 CVSS:3.0/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-18303 ( SUSE ):  7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-18303 ( NVD ):  7.8 CVSS:3.0/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-18304 ( SUSE ):  7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-18304 ( NVD ):  7.8 CVSS:3.0/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-18305 ( SUSE ):  7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-18305 ( NVD ):  7.8 CVSS:3.0/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-18306 ( SUSE ):  7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-18306 ( NVD ):  7.8 CVSS:3.0/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-18307 ( SUSE ):  7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-18307 ( NVD ):  7.8 CVSS:3.0/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-90947 ( SUSE ):  8.5
    CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:P/VC:H/VI:H/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-90947 ( SUSE ):  7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-90947 ( NVD ):  7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-90948 ( SUSE ):  8.5
    CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:P/VC:H/VI:H/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-90948 ( SUSE ):  7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-90948 ( NVD ):  7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-92248 ( SUSE ):  8.5
    CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:P/VC:H/VI:H/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-92248 ( SUSE ):  7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-92248 ( NVD ):  7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H

  
Affected Products:

  * openSUSE Leap 15.4
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 15 SP7
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Real Time 15 SP7
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP7
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 15 SP7
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Workstation Extension 15 SP7
  * SUSE Package Hub 15 15-SP7

  
  
An update that solves 10 vulnerabilities can now be installed.

## Description:

This update for gimp fixes the following issues:

  * CVE-2026-18301: Vulnerability Report at read_channel_data (bsc#1276230).
  * CVE-2026-18302: TIF File Parsing Heap-based Buffer Overflow (bsc#1276231).
  * CVE-2026-18303: TIF File Parsing Stack-based Buffer Overflow (bsc#1276232).
  * CVE-2026-18304: TIF File Parsing Integer Overflow Remote Code Execution
    Vulnerability (bsc#1276233).
  * CVE-2026-18305: TIF File Parsing Integer Overflow Remote Code Execution
    Vulnerability (bsc#1276234).
  * CVE-2026-18306: SGI File Parsing Integer Overflow Remote Code Execution
    Vulnerability (bsc#1276235).
  * CVE-2026-18307: File Parsing Heap-based Buffer Overflow Remote Code
    Execution Vulnerability (bsc#1276236).
  * CVE-2026-90947: out-of-bounds write in the lighting effects plugin when
    processing a crafted preset file due to improper validation of the number of
    light sources (bsc#1280511).
  * CVE-2026-90948: heap buffer overflow in the ICO loader when processing ICO
    files with embedded PNG images due to an integer overflow during calculation
    of buffer sizes (bsc#1280512).
  * CVE-2026-92248: integer overflow when generating a thumbnail preview for a
    PSD file can lead to a heap buffer overflow (bsc#1280739).

## Patch Instructions:

To install this SUSE update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like
YaST online_update or "zypper patch".  
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:

  * openSUSE Leap 15.4  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-2026-4409

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Workstation Extension 15 SP7  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Product-WE-15-SP7-2026-4409

  * SUSE Package Hub 15 15-SP7  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Packagehub-Subpackages-15-SP7-2026-4409

## Package List:

  * openSUSE Leap 15.4 (aarch64 i586 ppc64le s390x x86_64)
    * gimp-devel-2.10.30-150400.3.79.1
    * gimp-plugin-aa-2.10.30-150400.3.79.1
    * libgimp-2_0-0-debuginfo-2.10.30-150400.3.79.1
    * gimp-2.10.30-150400.3.79.1
    * gimp-debuginfo-2.10.30-150400.3.79.1
    * gimp-debugsource-2.10.30-150400.3.79.1
    * gimp-devel-debuginfo-2.10.30-150400.3.79.1
    * gimp-plugin-aa-debuginfo-2.10.30-150400.3.79.1
    * libgimpui-2_0-0-2.10.30-150400.3.79.1
    * libgimp-2_0-0-2.10.30-150400.3.79.1
    * libgimpui-2_0-0-debuginfo-2.10.30-150400.3.79.1
  * openSUSE Leap 15.4 (noarch)
    * gimp-lang-2.10.30-150400.3.79.1
  * openSUSE Leap 15.4 (x86_64)
    * libgimpui-2_0-0-32bit-debuginfo-2.10.30-150400.3.79.1
    * libgimp-2_0-0-32bit-2.10.30-150400.3.79.1
    * libgimp-2_0-0-32bit-debuginfo-2.10.30-150400.3.79.1
    * libgimpui-2_0-0-32bit-2.10.30-150400.3.79.1
  * openSUSE Leap 15.4 (aarch64_ilp32)
    * libgimp-2_0-0-64bit-debuginfo-2.10.30-150400.3.79.1
    * libgimpui-2_0-0-64bit-debuginfo-2.10.30-150400.3.79.1
    * libgimpui-2_0-0-64bit-2.10.30-150400.3.79.1
    * libgimp-2_0-0-64bit-2.10.30-150400.3.79.1
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Workstation Extension 15 SP7 (x86_64)
    * gimp-devel-2.10.30-150400.3.79.1
    * libgimp-2_0-0-debuginfo-2.10.30-150400.3.79.1
    * gimp-2.10.30-150400.3.79.1
    * gimp-debuginfo-2.10.30-150400.3.79.1
    * gimp-debugsource-2.10.30-150400.3.79.1
    * gimp-devel-debuginfo-2.10.30-150400.3.79.1
    * libgimpui-2_0-0-2.10.30-150400.3.79.1
    * libgimp-2_0-0-2.10.30-150400.3.79.1
    * libgimpui-2_0-0-debuginfo-2.10.30-150400.3.79.1
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Workstation Extension 15 SP7 (noarch)
    * gimp-lang-2.10.30-150400.3.79.1
  * SUSE Package Hub 15 15-SP7 (aarch64 ppc64le s390x)
    * libgimp-2_0-0-debuginfo-2.10.30-150400.3.79.1
    * gimp-debuginfo-2.10.30-150400.3.79.1
    * gimp-debugsource-2.10.30-150400.3.79.1
    * libgimpui-2_0-0-2.10.30-150400.3.79.1
    * libgimp-2_0-0-2.10.30-150400.3.79.1
    * libgimpui-2_0-0-debuginfo-2.10.30-150400.3.79.1
  * SUSE Package Hub 15 15-SP7 (aarch64)
    * gimp-devel-2.10.30-150400.3.79.1
    * gimp-plugin-aa-2.10.30-150400.3.79.1
    * gimp-2.10.30-150400.3.79.1
    * gimp-devel-debuginfo-2.10.30-150400.3.79.1
    * gimp-plugin-aa-debuginfo-2.10.30-150400.3.79.1
  * SUSE Package Hub 15 15-SP7 (noarch)
    * gimp-lang-2.10.30-150400.3.79.1

## References:

  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-18301.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-18302.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-18303.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-18304.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-18305.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-18306.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-18307.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-90947.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-90948.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-92248.html
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1276230
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1276231
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1276232
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1276233
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1276234
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1276235
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1276236
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1280511
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1280512
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1280739

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.suse.com/pipermail/sle-security-updates/attachments/20261001/e98bf885/attachment.htm>


More information about the sle-security-updates mailing list