SUSE-SU-2026:4408-1: important: Security update for alloy

SLE-SECURITY-UPDATES null at suse.de
Thu Oct 1 12:32:19 UTC 2026


# Security update for alloy

Announcement ID: SUSE-SU-2026:4408-1  
Release Date: 2026-10-01T07:07:12Z  
Rating: important  
References:

  * bsc#1267482
  * bsc#1267483
  * bsc#1267484
  * bsc#1267486
  * bsc#1267487
  * bsc#1268982
  * bsc#1269861
  * bsc#1272028
  * bsc#1272418
  * bsc#1276742
  * bsc#1276982
  * bsc#1276992
  * bsc#1277429
  * bsc#1277996
  * bsc#1278671
  * bsc#1278693
  * bsc#1280671

  
Cross-References:

  * CVE-2026-2303
  * CVE-2026-37236
  * CVE-2026-41178
  * CVE-2026-45679
  * CVE-2026-45680
  * CVE-2026-45681
  * CVE-2026-45683
  * CVE-2026-45684
  * CVE-2026-46600
  * CVE-2026-48496
  * CVE-2026-56852
  * CVE-2026-56854
  * CVE-2026-56855
  * CVE-2026-71556
  * CVE-2026-71557
  * CVE-2026-75889
  * CVE-2026-78662
  * CVE-2026-81521
  * CVE-2026-89090

  
CVSS scores:

  * CVE-2026-2303 ( SUSE ):  5.4 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:L/I:N/A:L
  * CVE-2026-2303 ( NVD ):  6.9
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:L/UI:P/VC:N/VI:H/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N/E:X/CR:X/IR:X/AR:X/MAV:X/MAC:X/MAT:X/MPR:X/MUI:X/MVC:X/MVI:X/MVA:X/MSC:X/MSI:X/MSA:X/S:X/AU:X/R:X/V:X/RE:X/U:X
  * CVE-2026-2303 ( NVD ):  6.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:H/A:N
  * CVE-2026-37236 ( SUSE ):  6.3
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:P/PR:N/UI:N/VC:L/VI:L/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-37236 ( SUSE ):  6.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:L/A:N
  * CVE-2026-37236 ( NVD ):  9.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-41178 ( SUSE ):  5.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:L
  * CVE-2026-41178 ( NVD ):  5.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:L
  * CVE-2026-45679 ( SUSE ):  6.9
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:L/VI:L/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-45679 ( SUSE ):  6.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:L/A:N
  * CVE-2026-45679 ( NVD ):  6.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:L/A:N
  * CVE-2026-45680 ( SUSE ):  8.2
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:P/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-45680 ( SUSE ):  5.9 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-45680 ( NVD ):  5.9 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-45680 ( NVD ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-45681 ( SUSE ):  8.2
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:P/PR:N/UI:N/VC:H/VI:N/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-45681 ( SUSE ):  5.9 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:N
  * CVE-2026-45681 ( NVD ):  5.9 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:N
  * CVE-2026-45683 ( SUSE ):  6.8
    CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:N/PR:L/UI:N/VC:H/VI:N/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-45683 ( SUSE ):  5.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:N
  * CVE-2026-45683 ( NVD ):  3.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:C/C:L/I:N/A:N
  * CVE-2026-45684 ( SUSE ):  4.8
    CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:N/PR:L/UI:N/VC:L/VI:L/VA:L/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-45684 ( SUSE ):  5.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:L/A:L
  * CVE-2026-45684 ( NVD ):  5.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:L/A:L
  * CVE-2026-45684 ( NVD ):  4.9 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:L/A:L
  * CVE-2026-46600 ( SUSE ):  6.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-46600 ( NVD ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-48496 ( SUSE ):  6.2 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-48496 ( NVD ):  6.2 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-56852 ( SUSE ):  6.0
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:P/PR:L/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-56852 ( SUSE ):  5.9 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-56852 ( NVD ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-56854 ( SUSE ):  8.6
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:L/UI:N/VC:H/VI:H/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-56854 ( SUSE ):  8.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:N
  * CVE-2026-56854 ( NVD ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:N
  * CVE-2026-56855 ( SUSE ):  8.7
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-56855 ( SUSE ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-56855 ( NVD ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-71556 ( SUSE ):  7.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:H/A:L
  * CVE-2026-71556 ( NVD ):  7.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:H/A:L
  * CVE-2026-71557 ( SUSE ):  5.4 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:L/A:L
  * CVE-2026-71557 ( NVD ):  6.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:H/A:L
  * CVE-2026-75889 ( SUSE ):  8.3
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:L/UI:N/VC:H/VI:N/VA:N/SC:H/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-75889 ( SUSE ):  7.7 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:C/C:H/I:N/A:N
  * CVE-2026-75889 ( NVD ):  7.7 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:C/C:H/I:N/A:N
  * CVE-2026-78662 ( SUSE ):  8.7
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-78662 ( SUSE ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:N
  * CVE-2026-78662 ( NVD ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:N
  * CVE-2026-81521 ( SUSE ):  6.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:H/A:N
  * CVE-2026-81521 ( NVD ):  7.1
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:L/UI:N/VC:N/VI:H/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N/E:X/CR:X/IR:X/AR:X/MAV:X/MAC:X/MAT:X/MPR:X/MUI:X/MVC:X/MVI:X/MVA:X/MSC:X/MSI:X/MSA:X/S:X/AU:X/R:X/V:X/RE:X/U:X
  * CVE-2026-81521 ( NVD ):  6.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:H/A:N
  * CVE-2026-89090 ( SUSE ):  8.2
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:H/AT:P/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-89090 ( SUSE ):  5.9 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-89090 ( NVD ):  8.2
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:H/AT:P/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N/E:X/CR:X/IR:X/AR:X/MAV:X/MAC:X/MAT:X/MPR:X/MUI:X/MVC:X/MVI:X/MVA:X/MSC:X/MSI:X/MSA:X/S:X/AU:X/R:X/V:X/RE:X/U:X
  * CVE-2026-89090 ( NVD ):  5.9 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H

  
Affected Products:

  * Basesystem Module 15-SP7
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 15 SP7
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Real Time 15 SP7
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP7
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 15 SP7

  
  
An update that solves 19 vulnerabilities can now be installed.

## Description:

This update for alloy fixes the following issues:

  * CVE-2026-2303: go.mongodb.org/mongo-driver: mongo-go-driver has Heap Out-of-
    Bounds Read in GSSAPI Error Handling (bsc#1269861).
  * CVE-2026-37236: github.com/grpc-ecosystem/grpc-gateway/v2/runtime: client
    can override the HTTP method of a POST request through the X-HTTP-Method-
    Override header and bypass established access control (bsc#1277996).
  * CVE-2026-41178: go.opentelemetry.io/otel/baggage: no rejection of raw-length
    headers in baggage parsing allows for DoS via oversized inputs
    (bsc#1276742).
  * CVE-2026-45679: go.opentelemetry.io/obi: Redis error text is exported in
    span status messages and can lead to exfiltration of sensitive data
    (bsc#1267482).
  * CVE-2026-45680: go.opentelemetry.io/obi: unbounded BPF internal metrics
    replay can exhaust CPU and cause a DoS (bsc#1267483).
  * CVE-2026-45681: go.opentelemetry.io/obi: CPU-mismatch fallback uses 256-byte
    buffer with 8KB size and can cause OBI out-of-bounds reads to leak memory
    into telemetry (bsc#1267484).
  * CVE-2026-45683: go.opentelemetry.io/obi: Java TLS ioctl kprobe allows a user
    to point OBI at kernel memory and cause that memory to be copied into
    telemetry (bsc#1267486).
  * CVE-2026-45684: go.opentelemetry.io/obi: log enricher mishandled `writev`
    buffers and allows multi-segment calls to read and overwrite memory beyond
    the first segment (bsc#1267487).
  * CVE-2026-46600: golang.org/x/net/dns/dnsmessage: Parsing an invalid SVCB or
    HTTPS RR can panic when the size of a parameter value overflows the message
    buffer (bsc#1272418).
  * CVE-2026-48496: opentelemetry-ebpf-profiler: Unprivileged process can
    trigger a denial of service on the ebpf-profiler agent (bsc#1268982).
  * CVE-2026-56852: golang.org/x/text/unicode/norm: infinite loop on
    truncated/invalid UTF-8 input (bsc#1272028).
  * CVE-2026-56854,CVE-2026-56855,CVE-2026-78662: golang.org/x/crypto/ssh:
    authentication bypass and deadlocks in the crypto/ssh library (bsc#1278671).
  * CVE-2026-71556: github.com/go-git/go-git/v5: Arbitrary file read/write via
    symbolic link resolution (bsc#1276982).
  * CVE-2026-71557: github.com/go-git/go-git/v5: Malicious reference names may
    modify files outside the reference storage (bsc#1276992).
  * CVE-2026-75889: arbitrary file reads due to the
    `prometheus.operator.servicemonitors` component allowing users who can
    modify `ServiceMonitor` resources in a watched namespace to specify an
    arbitrary local file through `bearerTokenFile` (bsc#1277429).
  * CVE-2026-81521: go.mongodb.org/mongo-driver: MongoDB Go Driver: Write
    redirection via unvalidated database name in Client.BulkWrite (bsc#1278693).
  * CVE-2026-89090: github.com/aws/aws-sdk-go-v2/aws/protocol/eventstream:
    malformed EventStream response frames containing a crafted header value type
    byte outside the valid range can cause the host process to terminate
    (bsc#1280671).

Changes for alloy:

  * Update to version 1.19.2.
  * Update to version 1.19.1.
  * Update to version 1.19.0:
  * BREAKING CHANGE: prometheus.operator.servicemonitors now rejects endpoints
    that reference local files by default. Set allow_arbitrary_file_access =
    true to preserve previous behavior.
  * prometheus.enrich: Support multi-label matching
  * prometheus.relabel: Add opt-in TTL cache mode
  * telemetry: Add new metrics for graph connections and pyroscope forwarded
    entries
  * database_observability: Exclude system schemas from MySQL health checks and
    redact query text in explain_plans
  * Update to version 1.18.1:
  * Add nop receiver to OTel Engine

## Patch Instructions:

To install this SUSE update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like
YaST online_update or "zypper patch".  
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:

  * Basesystem Module 15-SP7  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Basesystem-15-SP7-2026-4408

## Package List:

  * Basesystem Module 15-SP7 (aarch64 ppc64le s390x x86_64)
    * alloy-debuginfo-1.19.2-150700.15.29.1
    * alloy-1.19.2-150700.15.29.1

## References:

  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-2303.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-37236.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-41178.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-45679.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-45680.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-45681.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-45683.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-45684.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-46600.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-48496.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-56852.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-56854.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-56855.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-71556.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-71557.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-75889.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-78662.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-81521.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-89090.html
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1267482
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1267483
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1267484
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1267486
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1267487
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1268982
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1269861
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1272028
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1272418
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1276742
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1276982
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1276992
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1277429
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1277996
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1278671
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1278693
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1280671

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.suse.com/pipermail/sle-security-updates/attachments/20261001/6ccb3792/attachment.htm>


More information about the sle-security-updates mailing list