SUSE-SU-2026:4534-1: important: Security update for python312
SLE-SECURITY-UPDATES
null at suse.de
Tue Oct 6 12:40:43 UTC 2026
# Security update for python312
Announcement ID: SUSE-SU-2026:4534-1
Release Date: 2026-10-06T07:58:39Z
Rating: important
References:
* bsc#1259240
* bsc#1259611
* bsc#1259735
* bsc#1260026
* bsc#1261969
* bsc#1262098
* bsc#1264962
* bsc#1265268
* bsc#1267581
* bsc#1267821
* bsc#1267974
* bsc#1268977
* bsc#1269066
* bsc#1269788
* bsc#1269959
* bsc#1271192
* bsc#1276223
* bsc#1276226
* bsc#1276227
* bsc#1277111
Cross-References:
* CVE-2021-4189
* CVE-2025-13462
* CVE-2025-4330
* CVE-2026-0864
* CVE-2026-11940
* CVE-2026-11972
* CVE-2026-1502
* CVE-2026-15308
* CVE-2026-15310
* CVE-2026-15806
* CVE-2026-17084
* CVE-2026-19672
* CVE-2026-2297
* CVE-2026-3276
* CVE-2026-3644
* CVE-2026-4224
* CVE-2026-4360
* CVE-2026-45186
* CVE-2026-4519
* CVE-2026-4786
* CVE-2026-6100
* CVE-2026-7210
* CVE-2026-72522
* CVE-2026-7774
* CVE-2026-8328
* CVE-2026-9669
CVSS scores:
* CVE-2021-4189 ( SUSE ): 5.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:N/A:N
* CVE-2021-4189 ( NVD ): 5.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:N/A:N
* CVE-2021-4189 ( NVD ): 5.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:N/A:N
* CVE-2025-13462 ( SUSE ): 2.0
CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:H/AT:P/PR:L/UI:N/VC:N/VI:L/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
* CVE-2025-13462 ( SUSE ): 2.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:L/A:N
* CVE-2025-13462 ( NVD ): 2.0
CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:H/AT:P/PR:L/UI:N/VC:N/VI:L/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N/E:X/CR:X/IR:X/AR:X/MAV:X/MAC:X/MAT:X/MPR:X/MUI:X/MVC:X/MVI:X/MVA:X/MSC:X/MSI:X/MSA:X/S:X/AU:X/R:X/V:X/RE:X/U:X
* CVE-2025-13462 ( NVD ): 3.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:L/A:N
* CVE-2025-4330 ( SUSE ): 8.2 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:H/A:N
* CVE-2025-4330 ( NVD ): 7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:H/A:N
* CVE-2026-0864 ( SUSE ): 8.2
CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:P/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:H/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
* CVE-2026-0864 ( SUSE ): 7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:H/A:N
* CVE-2026-0864 ( NVD ): 4.1
CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:P/PR:H/UI:P/VC:N/VI:H/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N/E:X/CR:X/IR:X/AR:X/MAV:X/MAC:X/MAT:X/MPR:X/MUI:X/MVC:X/MVI:X/MVA:X/MSC:X/MSI:X/MSA:X/S:X/AU:X/R:X/V:X/RE:X/U:X
* CVE-2026-0864 ( NVD ): 5.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:H/A:N
* CVE-2026-11940 ( SUSE ): 8.2
CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:P/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:H/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
* CVE-2026-11940 ( SUSE ): 7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:H/A:N
* CVE-2026-11940 ( NVD ): 7.8
CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:N/SC:H/SI:H/SA:N/E:X/CR:X/IR:X/AR:X/MAV:X/MAC:X/MAT:X/MPR:X/MUI:X/MVC:X/MVI:X/MVA:X/MSC:X/MSI:X/MSA:X/S:X/AU:X/R:X/V:X/RE:X/U:X
* CVE-2026-11972 ( SUSE ): 8.2
CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:P/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
* CVE-2026-11972 ( SUSE ): 7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
* CVE-2026-11972 ( NVD ): 8.2
CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:P/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N/E:X/CR:X/IR:X/AR:X/MAV:X/MAC:X/MAT:X/MPR:X/MUI:X/MVC:X/MVI:X/MVA:X/MSC:X/MSI:X/MSA:X/S:X/AU:X/R:X/V:X/RE:X/U:X
* CVE-2026-1502 ( SUSE ): 5.7
CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:P/PR:H/UI:P/VC:N/VI:H/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
* CVE-2026-1502 ( SUSE ): 4.9 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:H/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:H/A:N
* CVE-2026-1502 ( NVD ): 5.7
CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:P/PR:H/UI:P/VC:N/VI:H/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N/E:X/CR:X/IR:X/AR:X/MAV:X/MAC:X/MAT:X/MPR:X/MUI:X/MVC:X/MVI:X/MVA:X/MSC:X/MSI:X/MSA:X/S:X/AU:X/R:X/V:X/RE:X/U:X
* CVE-2026-15308 ( SUSE ): 8.7
CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
* CVE-2026-15308 ( SUSE ): 7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
* CVE-2026-15308 ( NVD ): 8.7
CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N/E:X/CR:X/IR:X/AR:X/MAV:X/MAC:X/MAT:X/MPR:X/MUI:X/MVC:X/MVI:X/MVA:X/MSC:X/MSI:X/MSA:X/S:X/AU:X/R:X/V:X/RE:X/U:X
* CVE-2026-15308 ( NVD ): 7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
* CVE-2026-15310 ( SUSE ): 3.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:L
* CVE-2026-15310 ( NVD ): 2.1
CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:P/PR:N/UI:A/VC:N/VI:N/VA:L/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N/E:X/CR:X/IR:X/AR:X/MAV:X/MAC:X/MAT:X/MPR:X/MUI:X/MVC:X/MVI:X/MVA:X/MSC:X/MSI:X/MSA:X/S:X/AU:X/R:X/V:X/RE:X/U:X
* CVE-2026-15806 ( SUSE ): 6.0
CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:H/AT:P/PR:N/UI:P/VC:H/VI:N/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N/E:X/CR:X/IR:X/AR:X/MAV:X/MAC:X/MAT:X/MPR:X/MUI:X/MVC:X/MVI:X/MVA:X/MSC:X/MSI:X/MSA:X/S:X/AU:X/R:X/V:X/RE:X/U:X
* CVE-2026-15806 ( SUSE ): 5.9 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:N
* CVE-2026-15806 ( NVD ): 6.0
CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:H/AT:P/PR:N/UI:P/VC:H/VI:N/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N/E:X/CR:X/IR:X/AR:X/MAV:X/MAC:X/MAT:X/MPR:X/MUI:X/MVC:X/MVI:X/MVA:X/MSC:X/MSI:X/MSA:X/S:X/AU:X/R:X/V:X/RE:X/U:X
* CVE-2026-17084 ( SUSE ): 6.0
CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:P/PR:N/UI:P/VC:N/VI:H/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N/E:X/CR:X/IR:X/AR:X/MAV:X/MAC:X/MAT:X/MPR:X/MUI:X/MVC:X/MVI:X/MVA:X/MSC:X/MSI:X/MSA:X/S:X/AU:X/R:X/V:X/RE:X/U:X
* CVE-2026-17084 ( SUSE ): 5.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:L/A:N
* CVE-2026-17084 ( NVD ): 6.0
CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:P/PR:N/UI:P/VC:N/VI:H/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N/E:X/CR:X/IR:X/AR:X/MAV:X/MAC:X/MAT:X/MPR:X/MUI:X/MVC:X/MVI:X/MVA:X/MSC:X/MSI:X/MSA:X/S:X/AU:X/R:X/V:X/RE:X/U:X
* CVE-2026-19672 ( SUSE ): 6.3
CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:P/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:N/SC:N/SI:L/SA:N/E:X/CR:X/IR:X/AR:X/MAV:X/MAC:X/MAT:X/MPR:X/MUI:X/MVC:X/MVI:X/MVA:X/MSC:X/MSI:X/MSA:X/S:X/AU:X/R:X/V:X/RE:X/U:X
* CVE-2026-19672 ( SUSE ): 5.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:L/A:N
* CVE-2026-19672 ( NVD ): 6.3
CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:P/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:N/SC:N/SI:L/SA:N/E:X/CR:X/IR:X/AR:X/MAV:X/MAC:X/MAT:X/MPR:X/MUI:X/MVC:X/MVI:X/MVA:X/MSC:X/MSI:X/MSA:X/S:X/AU:X/R:X/V:X/RE:X/U:X
* CVE-2026-2297 ( SUSE ): 5.7
CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:P/PR:L/UI:N/VC:N/VI:H/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
* CVE-2026-2297 ( SUSE ): 5.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:H/A:N
* CVE-2026-2297 ( NVD ): 5.7
CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:P/PR:L/UI:N/VC:N/VI:H/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N/E:X/CR:X/IR:X/AR:X/MAV:X/MAC:X/MAT:X/MPR:X/MUI:X/MVC:X/MVI:X/MVA:X/MSC:X/MSI:X/MSA:X/S:X/AU:X/R:X/V:X/RE:X/U:X
* CVE-2026-3276 ( SUSE ): 8.2
CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:P/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
* CVE-2026-3276 ( SUSE ): 7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
* CVE-2026-3276 ( NVD ): 6.3
CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:P/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:L/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N/E:X/CR:X/IR:X/AR:X/MAV:X/MAC:X/MAT:X/MPR:X/MUI:X/MVC:X/MVI:X/MVA:X/MSC:X/MSI:X/MSA:X/S:X/AU:X/R:X/V:X/RE:X/U:X
* CVE-2026-3644 ( SUSE ): 6.3
CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:P/PR:N/UI:N/VC:L/VI:L/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
* CVE-2026-3644 ( SUSE ): 6.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:L/A:N
* CVE-2026-3644 ( NVD ): 6.0
CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:P/PR:L/UI:N/VC:L/VI:H/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N/E:X/CR:X/IR:X/AR:X/MAV:X/MAC:X/MAT:X/MPR:X/MUI:X/MVC:X/MVI:X/MVA:X/MSC:X/MSI:X/MSA:X/S:X/AU:X/R:X/V:X/RE:X/U:X
* CVE-2026-3644 ( NVD ): 7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:H/A:N
* CVE-2026-4224 ( SUSE ): 8.2
CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:P/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
* CVE-2026-4224 ( SUSE ): 7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
* CVE-2026-4224 ( NVD ): 6.0
CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:P/PR:L/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N/E:X/CR:X/IR:X/AR:X/MAV:X/MAC:X/MAT:X/MPR:X/MUI:X/MVC:X/MVI:X/MVA:X/MSC:X/MSI:X/MSA:X/S:X/AU:X/R:X/V:X/RE:X/U:X
* CVE-2026-4224 ( NVD ): 7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
* CVE-2026-4360 ( SUSE ): 2.0
CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:P/PR:N/UI:P/VC:N/VI:L/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
* CVE-2026-4360 ( SUSE ): 2.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:L/A:N
* CVE-2026-4360 ( NVD ): 2.0
CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:P/PR:H/UI:P/VC:N/VI:L/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N/E:X/CR:X/IR:X/AR:X/MAV:X/MAC:X/MAT:X/MPR:X/MUI:X/MVC:X/MVI:X/MVA:X/MSC:X/MSI:X/MSA:X/S:X/AU:X/R:X/V:X/RE:X/U:X
* CVE-2026-4360 ( NVD ): 5.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:L/A:N
* CVE-2026-45186 ( SUSE ): 2.9 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:L
* CVE-2026-45186 ( NVD ): 7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
* CVE-2026-45186 ( NVD ): 7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
* CVE-2026-45186 ( NVD ): 2.9 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:L
* CVE-2026-4519 ( SUSE ): 7.1
CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:P/PR:N/UI:P/VC:N/VI:H/VA:N/SC:L/SI:H/SA:N
* CVE-2026-4519 ( SUSE ): 6.9 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:C/C:L/I:H/A:N
* CVE-2026-4519 ( NVD ): 7.0
CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:P/PR:N/UI:A/VC:H/VI:H/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N/E:X/CR:X/IR:X/AR:X/MAV:X/MAC:X/MAT:X/MPR:X/MUI:X/MVC:X/MVI:X/MVA:X/MSC:X/MSI:X/MSA:X/S:X/AU:X/R:X/V:X/RE:X/U:X
* CVE-2026-4519 ( NVD ): 3.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:L/A:N
* CVE-2026-4519 ( NVD ): 7.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:L
* CVE-2026-4786 ( SUSE ): 7.0
CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:P/PR:N/UI:A/VC:H/VI:H/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N/E:X/CR:X/IR:X/AR:X/MAV:X/MAC:X/MAT:X/MPR:X/MUI:X/MVC:X/MVI:X/MVA:X/MSC:X/MSI:X/MSA:X/S:X/AU:X/R:X/V:X/RE:X/U:X
* CVE-2026-4786 ( SUSE ): 7.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:L
* CVE-2026-4786 ( NVD ): 7.0
CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:P/PR:N/UI:A/VC:H/VI:H/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N/E:X/CR:X/IR:X/AR:X/MAV:X/MAC:X/MAT:X/MPR:X/MUI:X/MVC:X/MVI:X/MVA:X/MSC:X/MSI:X/MSA:X/S:X/AU:X/R:X/V:X/RE:X/U:X
* CVE-2026-4786 ( NVD ): 7.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:L
* CVE-2026-6100 ( SUSE ): 9.1
CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:H/AT:P/PR:N/UI:N/VC:H/VI:H/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
* CVE-2026-6100 ( SUSE ): 8.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
* CVE-2026-6100 ( NVD ): 9.1
CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:H/AT:P/PR:N/UI:N/VC:H/VI:H/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N/E:X/CR:X/IR:X/AR:X/MAV:X/MAC:X/MAT:X/MPR:X/MUI:X/MVC:X/MVI:X/MVA:X/MSC:X/MSI:X/MSA:X/S:X/AU:X/R:X/V:X/RE:X/U:X
* CVE-2026-6100 ( NVD ): 8.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
* CVE-2026-7210 ( SUSE ): 8.7
CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
* CVE-2026-7210 ( SUSE ): 7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
* CVE-2026-7210 ( NVD ): 6.3
CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:H/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:L/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N/E:X/CR:X/IR:X/AR:X/MAV:X/MAC:X/MAT:X/MPR:X/MUI:X/MVC:X/MVI:X/MVA:X/MSC:X/MSI:X/MSA:X/S:X/AU:X/R:X/V:X/RE:X/U:X
* CVE-2026-7210 ( NVD ): 7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
* CVE-2026-72522 ( SUSE ): 8.2
CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:P/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
* CVE-2026-72522 ( SUSE ): 7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
* CVE-2026-72522 ( NVD ): 6.2 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
* CVE-2026-7774 ( SUSE ): 8.7
CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:H/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
* CVE-2026-7774 ( SUSE ): 7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:H/A:N
* CVE-2026-7774 ( NVD ): 6.9
CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:A/VC:N/VI:H/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N/E:X/CR:X/IR:X/AR:X/MAV:X/MAC:X/MAT:X/MPR:X/MUI:X/MVC:X/MVI:X/MVA:X/MSC:X/MSI:X/MSA:X/S:X/AU:X/R:X/V:X/RE:X/U:X
* CVE-2026-8328 ( SUSE ): 6.3
CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:P/PR:N/UI:N/VC:L/VI:N/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
* CVE-2026-8328 ( SUSE ): 5.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:N/A:N
* CVE-2026-8328 ( NVD ): 5.9
CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:P/PR:N/UI:A/VC:N/VI:H/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N/E:X/CR:X/IR:X/AR:X/MAV:X/MAC:X/MAT:X/MPR:X/MUI:X/MVC:X/MVI:X/MVA:X/MSC:X/MSI:X/MSA:X/S:X/AU:X/R:X/V:X/RE:X/U:X
* CVE-2026-9669 ( SUSE ): 5.7
CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:H/AT:N/PR:L/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
* CVE-2026-9669 ( SUSE ): 4.7 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
* CVE-2026-9669 ( NVD ): 8.2
CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:H/AT:P/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N/E:X/CR:X/IR:X/AR:X/MAV:X/MAC:X/MAT:X/MPR:X/MUI:X/MVC:X/MVI:X/MVA:X/MSC:X/MSI:X/MSA:X/S:X/AU:X/R:X/V:X/RE:X/U:X
Affected Products:
* openSUSE Leap 15.6
* SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP6
* SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP6 LTSS
* SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 15 SP6
An update that solves 26 vulnerabilities can now be installed.
## Description:
This update for python312 fixes the following issues:
* CVE-2025-13462: incorrect parsing of TarInfo header when GNU long name and
type AREGTYPE are combined (bsc#1259611).
* CVE-2026-0864: improper handling of line-ending characters can lead to
configuration file injection when the `configparser` module is used
(bsc#1269066).
* CVE-2026-1502: HTTP client proxy tunnel headers not validated for CR/LF
(bsc#1261969).
* CVE-2026-2297: cpython: incorrectly handled hook in FileLoader can lead to
validation bypass (bsc#1259240).
* CVE-2026-3276: quadratic complexity in `unicodedata.normalize()` can lead to
DoS when processing specially crafted Unicode input (bsc#1267581).
* CVE-2026-4224: C stack overflow when parsing XML with deeply nested DTD
content models (bsc#1259735).
* CVE-2026-4360: in the Tarfile.extract() function, the filter parameter is
not passed properly when extracting hardlinks (bsc#1269959).
* CVE-2026-4519: leading dashes in URLs are accepted by the
`webbrowser.open()` API and allow for web browser command line option
injection (bsc#1260026).
* CVE-2026-6100: Arbitrary code execution or information disclosure via use-
after-free in decompression modules (bsc#1262098).
* CVE-2026-7210: `xml.parsers.expat` and `xml.etree.ElementTree` use
insufficient entropy for Expat hash-flooding protection (bsc#1264962).
* CVE-2026-7774: `tarfile.data_filter` path traversal bypass allows writing
outside the extraction directory (bsc#1267821).
* CVE-2026-8328: `ftpcp()` does not use actual peer address and trusts server-
supplied PASV host address (bsc#1265268).
* CVE-2026-9669: crafted input can cause a stack buffer overflow
(bsc#1267974).
* CVE-2026-11940: tarfile extraction filter bypass via a crafted archive
allows escaping the destination directory and enables arbitrary file reads
and writes (bsc#1268977).
* CVE-2026-11972: infinite loop due to improper EOF handling in the tarfile
module streaming mode can lead to DoS (bsc#1269788).
* CVE-2026-15308: Incremental HTMLParser allows CPU-exhaustion DoS via
repeated unterminated markup declarations (bsc#1271192).
* CVE-2026-15310: memory exhaustion in zipfile in bzip2/LZMA/Zstandard
decompression (bsc#1277111).
* CVE-2026-15806: urllib.request.HTTPPasswordMgr credentials for one URL
scheme sent over another scheme (bsc#1276223).
* CVE-2026-17084: StringPrep algorithm considered Unicode codepoint attributes
outside Unicode 3.2.0 (bsc#1276226).
* CVE-2026-19672: The tarfile module's tar and data extraction filters created
directories outside the destination for members whose name leaves the
destination and retu (bsc#1276227).
Changes for python312:
* Update to 3.12.14:
* Core and Builtins
* gh-139808: Add branch protections for AArch64 (BTI/PAC) in assembly code
used by -X perf_jit (Linux perf profiler integration).
* Documentation
* gh-136155: We are now checking for fatal errors in EPUB builds in CI.
* Library
* gh-109638: Fix exponential time in csv.Sniffer.sniff() for a sample which
contains many quote characters. A doubled quote character is now also
detected in a field which contains the delimiter or a line break.
* gh-98820: Fix quadratic time in csv.Sniffer.sniff() for a sample which
contains quoted fields, in particular for a single column of quoted fields.
* gh-149231: In tomllib, the number of parts in TOML keys is now limited.
* gh-146083: Update bundled libexpat to version 2.7.5.
* gh-141707: Don't change tarfile.TarInfo type from AREGTYPE to DIRTYPE when
parsing GNU long name or link headers (bsc#1259611, CVE-2025-13462).
* gh-90949: Add SetBillionLaughsAttackProtectionActivationThreshold() and
SetBillionLaughsAttackProtectionMaximumAmplification() to xmlparser objects
to tune protections against billion laughs attacks. Patch by Bénédikt Tran.
* Security
* gh-155558: Update bundled libexpat to version 2.8.3 for the fix to CVE
2026-72522.
* gh-153030: Fixed quadratic complexity in incremental parsing of long
unterminated constructs (such as tags or comments) in
html.parser.HTMLParser, which could be exploited for a denial of service
(bsc#1271192, CVE-2026-15308).
* gh-152674: The xml.etree.ElementTree.Element methods findall(), iterfind()
and find() avoid quadratic behavior when using XPath index predicates ([1],
[last()], [last()-N]) on XML documents with many same-tag siblings.
* gh-152216: Update bundled libexpat to version 2.8.2.
* gh-151987: The tarfile.TarFile.extract() method now applies the given filter
when it extracts a link target from the archive as a fallback (bsc#1269959,
CVE-2026-4360).
* gh-151981: In tarfile, seeking a stream now stops when end of the stream is
reached (bsc#1269788, CVE-2026-11972).
* gh-151544: Modules/Setup.local is no longer used as a landmark to discover
whether Python is running in a source tree, as it could potentially affect
actual installs. The pybuilddir.txt file is now the sole indicator of
running in a source tree.
* gh-151558: Fixed an vulnerability in the tarfile data and tar extraction
filters where crafted archives could create a symlink pointing outside the
destination directory. This was a bypass of CVE 2025-4330 (bsc#1268977,
CVE-2026-11940).
* gh-150599: Fix a possible stack buffer overflow in bz2 when a
bz2.BZ2Decompressor is reused after a decompression error. The decompressor
now becomes unusable after libbz2 reports an error (bsc#1267974,
CVE-2026-9669).
* gh-150743: http.client now limits the number of chunked-response trailer
lines it will read to 100, and the number of interim (1xx) responses it will
skip to 100. A malicious or broken server could previously stream trailer
lines or 100 Continue responses forever, hanging the client even when a
socket timeout was in use. Reported by @YLChen-007 via GHSA-w4q2-g22w-6fr4.
* gh-149698: Update bundled libexpat to version 2.8.1 for the fix for CVE
2026-45186.
* gh-87451: The ftplib module's undocumented ftpcp function no longer trusts
the IPv4 address value returned from the source server in response to the
PASV command by default, completing the fix for CVE-2021-4189. As with
ftplib.FTP, the former behavior can be re-enabled by setting the
trust_server_pasv_ipv4_address attribute on the source ftplib.FTP instance
to True. Thanks to Qi Deng at Aurascape AI for the report (bsc#1265268,
CVE-2026-8328).
* gh-149486: tarfile.data_filter() now validates link targets using the same
normalised value that is written to disk, strips trailing separators from
the member name when resolving a symlink's directory, and rejects link
members that would replace the destination directory itself. This closes
several path-traversal bypasses of the data extraction filter (bsc#1267821,
CVE-2026-7774).
* gh-149079: Fix a potential denial of service in unicodedata.normalize(). The
canonical ordering step of Unicode normalization used a quadratic-time
insertion sort for reordering combining characters, which could be exploited
with crafted input containing many combining characters in non-canonical
order. Replaced with a linear-time counting sort for long runs (bsc#1267581,
CVE-2026-3276).
* gh-149018: Improved protection against XML hash-flooding attacks in
xml.parsers.expat and xml.etree.ElementTree when Python is compiled with
libExpat 2.8.0 or later (bsc#1264962, CVE-2026-7210).
* gh-149017: Update bundled libexpat to version 2.8.0.
* gh-148808: Added buffer boundary check when using nbytes parameter with
asyncio.AbstractEventLoop.sock_recvfrom_into(). Only relevant for Windows
and the asyncio.ProactorEventLoop.
* gh-148395: Fix a dangling input pointer in lzma.LZMADecompressor,
bz2.BZ2Decompressor, and internal zlib._ZlibDecompressor when memory
allocation fails with MemoryError, which could let a subsequent decompress()
call read or write through a stale pointer to the already-released caller
buffer (bsc#1262098, CVE-2026-6100, seems like it has been incompletely
applied gh#python/cpython#151605).
* gh-148169: A bypass in webbrowser allowed URLs prefixed with %action to pass
the dash-prefix safety check (bsc#1262098, CVE-2026-6100).
* gh-146581: Fix vulnerability in shutil.unpack_archive() for ZIP files on
Windows which allowed to write files outside of the destination tree if the
patch in the archive contains a Windows drive prefix. Now such invalid paths
will be skipped. Files containing ".." in the name (like "foo..bar") are no
longer skipped.
* gh-146333: Fix quadratic backtracking in configparser.RawConfigParser option
parsing regexes (OPTCRE and OPTCRE_NV). A crafted configuration line with
many whitespace characters could cause excessive CPU usage.
* gh-146211: Reject CR/LF characters in tunnel request headers for the
HTTPConnection.set_tunnel() method (bsc#1261969, CVE-2026-1502).
* gh-145986: xml.parsers.expat: Fixed a crash caused by unbounded C recursion
when converting deeply nested XML content models with ElementDeclHandler().
This addresses CVE 2026-4224 (bsc#1259735, CVE-2026-4224).
* gh-145599: Reject control characters in http.cookies.Morsel update() and
js_output(). This addresses CVE 2026-3644.
* gh-145506: Fixes CVE 2026-2297 by ensuring that SourcelessFileLoader uses
io.open_code() when opening .pyc files (bsc#1259240, CVE-2026-2297).
* gh-144370: Disallow usage of control characters in status in
wsgiref.handlers to prevent HTTP header injections. Patch by Benedikt
Johannes.
* gh-143930: Reject leading dashes in URLs passed to webbrowser.open()
(bsc#1260026, CVE-2026-4519).
* gh-143927: Normalize all line endings (CR, CRLF, and LF) to LF+TAB when
writing multi-line configparser values (bsc#1269066, CVE-2026-0864).
* Tests
* gh-149776: Fix test_socket on Linux kernel 7.1 and newer: skip UDP Lite
tests if it's not supported. Patch by Victor Stinner.
## Patch Instructions:
To install this SUSE update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like
YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
* SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 15 SP6
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Product-SLES_SAP-15-SP6-2026-4534
* openSUSE Leap 15.6
zypper in -t patch SUSE-2026-4534
* SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP6 LTSS
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Product-SLES-15-SP6-LTSS-2026-4534
## Package List:
* SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 15 SP6 (ppc64le x86_64)
* python312-curses-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-base-debuginfo-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* libpython3_12-1_0-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* libpython3_12-1_0-debuginfo-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-core-debugsource-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-debugsource-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-tk-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-dbm-debuginfo-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-curses-debuginfo-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-devel-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-base-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-tk-debuginfo-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-debuginfo-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-tools-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-dbm-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-idle-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* openSUSE Leap 15.6 (aarch64 i586 ppc64le s390x x86_64)
* python312-base-debuginfo-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* libpython3_12-1_0-debuginfo-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-debugsource-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-dbm-debuginfo-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-base-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-tools-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-dbm-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-doc-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-idle-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-testsuite-debuginfo-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-doc-devhelp-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-curses-debuginfo-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-tk-debuginfo-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-testsuite-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-core-debugsource-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* libpython3_12-1_0-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-tk-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-devel-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-curses-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-debuginfo-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* openSUSE Leap 15.6 (x86_64)
* libpython3_12-1_0-32bit-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-base-32bit-debuginfo-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-32bit-debuginfo-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* libpython3_12-1_0-32bit-debuginfo-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-base-32bit-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-32bit-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* openSUSE Leap 15.6 (aarch64_ilp32)
* python312-base-64bit-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-64bit-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-64bit-debuginfo-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* libpython3_12-1_0-64bit-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-base-64bit-debuginfo-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* libpython3_12-1_0-64bit-debuginfo-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP6 LTSS (aarch64 ppc64le s390x x86_64)
* python312-curses-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-base-debuginfo-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* libpython3_12-1_0-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* libpython3_12-1_0-debuginfo-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-core-debugsource-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-debugsource-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-tk-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-dbm-debuginfo-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-curses-debuginfo-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-devel-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-base-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-tk-debuginfo-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-debuginfo-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-tools-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-dbm-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
* python312-idle-3.12.14-150600.3.68.1
## References:
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2021-4189.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2025-13462.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2025-4330.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-0864.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-11940.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-11972.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-1502.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-15308.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-15310.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-15806.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-17084.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-19672.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-2297.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-3276.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-3644.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-4224.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-4360.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-45186.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-4519.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-4786.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-6100.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-7210.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-72522.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-7774.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-8328.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-9669.html
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1259240
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1259611
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1259735
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1260026
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1261969
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1262098
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1264962
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1265268
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1267581
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1267821
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1267974
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1268977
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1269066
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1269788
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1269959
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1271192
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1276223
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1276226
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1276227
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1277111
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.suse.com/pipermail/sle-security-updates/attachments/20261006/657cb1f8/attachment.htm>
More information about the sle-security-updates
mailing list