SUSE-SU-2026:4533-1: important: Security update for docker-stable
SLE-SECURITY-UPDATES
null at suse.de
Tue Oct 6 12:41:44 UTC 2026
# Security update for docker-stable
Announcement ID: SUSE-SU-2026:4533-1
Release Date: 2026-10-06T07:58:14Z
Rating: important
References:
* bsc#1260279
* bsc#1265782
* bsc#1266625
* bsc#1267827
Cross-References:
* CVE-2026-33186
* CVE-2026-33814
* CVE-2026-39821
* CVE-2026-41567
CVSS scores:
* CVE-2026-33186 ( SUSE ): 8.6
CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:L/UI:N/VC:H/VI:H/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
* CVE-2026-33186 ( SUSE ): 8.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:N
* CVE-2026-33186 ( NVD ): 9.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:N
* CVE-2026-33186 ( NVD ): 9.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:N
* CVE-2026-33814 ( SUSE ): 7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
* CVE-2026-33814 ( NVD ): 7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
* CVE-2026-33814 ( NVD ): 7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
* CVE-2026-33814 ( NVD ): 7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
* CVE-2026-39821 ( SUSE ): 9.1
CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:P/PR:N/UI:N/VC:H/VI:H/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
* CVE-2026-39821 ( SUSE ): 7.4 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:N
* CVE-2026-39821 ( NVD ): 8.2 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:L/UI:N/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:N
* CVE-2026-39821 ( NVD ): 9.6 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:N
* CVE-2026-41567 ( SUSE ): 7.2 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:L/UI:R/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:N
* CVE-2026-41567 ( NVD ): 7.2 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:L/UI:R/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:N
* CVE-2026-41567 ( NVD ): 7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:L/UI:R/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:H
Affected Products:
* SUSE Linux Enterprise High Performance Computing 12 SP5
* SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP5
* SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP5 LTSS
* SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP5 LTSS Extended Security
* SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 12 SP5
An update that solves four vulnerabilities can now be installed.
## Description:
This update for docker-stable fixes the following issues:
* CVE-2026-33186: google.golang.org/grpc: authorization bypass due to improper
validation of the HTTP/2 :path pseudo- header (bsc#1260279).
* CVE-2026-33814: golang.org/x/net/http2: infinite loop in HTTP/2 transport
when given bad SETTINGS_MAX_FRAME_SIZE (bsc#1265782).
* CVE-2026-39821: golang.org/x/net/idna: failure to reject ASCII-only
Punycode-encoded labels allows for validation bypass and privilege
escalation (bsc#1266625).
* CVE-2026-41567: arbitrary code execution with full daemon privileges when a
user uploads a compressed archive into that container (bsc#1267827).
## Patch Instructions:
To install this SUSE update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like
YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
* SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP5 LTSS
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP5-LTSS-2026-4533
* SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP5 LTSS Extended Security
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP5-LTSS-EXTENDED-SECURITY-2026-4533
## Package List:
* SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP5 LTSS (aarch64 ppc64le s390x x86_64)
* docker-stable-24.0.9_ce-1.40.1
* docker-stable-debuginfo-24.0.9_ce-1.40.1
* SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP5 LTSS (noarch)
* docker-stable-bash-completion-24.0.9_ce-1.40.1
* SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP5 LTSS Extended Security (x86_64)
* docker-stable-24.0.9_ce-1.40.1
* docker-stable-debuginfo-24.0.9_ce-1.40.1
* SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP5 LTSS Extended Security (noarch)
* docker-stable-bash-completion-24.0.9_ce-1.40.1
## References:
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-33186.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-33814.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-39821.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-41567.html
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1260279
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1265782
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1266625
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1267827
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.suse.com/pipermail/sle-security-updates/attachments/20261006/36436ccb/attachment.htm>
More information about the sle-security-updates
mailing list