SUSE-SU-2026:4286-1: important: Security update for amazon-ssm-agent

SLE-SECURITY-UPDATES null at suse.de
Tue Sep 22 20:32:13 UTC 2026


# Security update for amazon-ssm-agent

Announcement ID: SUSE-SU-2026:4286-1  
Release Date: 2026-09-22T16:08:49Z  
Rating: important  
References:

  * bsc#1276981
  * bsc#1276994
  * bsc#1278681

  
Cross-References:

  * CVE-2026-56854
  * CVE-2026-56855
  * CVE-2026-71556
  * CVE-2026-71557
  * CVE-2026-78662

  
CVSS scores:

  * CVE-2026-56854 ( SUSE ):  8.6
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:L/UI:N/VC:H/VI:H/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-56854 ( SUSE ):  8.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:N
  * CVE-2026-56854 ( NVD ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:N
  * CVE-2026-56855 ( SUSE ):  8.7
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-56855 ( SUSE ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-56855 ( NVD ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-71556 ( SUSE ):  7.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:H/A:L
  * CVE-2026-71556 ( NVD ):  7.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:H/A:L
  * CVE-2026-71557 ( SUSE ):  5.4 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:L/A:L
  * CVE-2026-71557 ( NVD ):  6.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:H/A:L
  * CVE-2026-78662 ( SUSE ):  8.7
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-78662 ( SUSE ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:N
  * CVE-2026-78662 ( NVD ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:N

  
Affected Products:

  * Public Cloud Module 12
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise High Performance Computing 12 SP2
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise High Performance Computing 12 SP3
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise High Performance Computing 12 SP4
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise High Performance Computing 12 SP5
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP1
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP2
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP3
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP4
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP5
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 12
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 12 SP1
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 12 SP2
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 12 SP3
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 12 SP4
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 12 SP5

  
  
An update that solves five vulnerabilities can now be installed.

## Description:

This update for amazon-ssm-agent fixes the following issues:

  * CVE-2026-56854: golang.org/x/crypto/ssh: source-address restriction bypassed
    in 5 callback families (bsc#1278681)
  * CVE-2026-56855: golang.org/x/crypto/ssh: prevent DoS on deadlocked
    established channel (bsc#1278681)
  * CVE-2026-78662: golang.org/x/crypto/ssh: prevent DoS on deadlocked undecided
    channel (bsc#1278681).
  * CVE-2026-71556: github.com/go-git/go-git/v5: Arbitrary file read/write via
    symbolic link resolution (bsc#1276981).
  * CVE-2026-71557: github.com/go-git/go-git/v5: Malicious reference names may
    modify files outside the reference storage (bsc#1276994).

Changes for amazon-ssm-agent:

  * Update to version 3.3.5390.0

## Patch Instructions:

To install this SUSE update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like
YaST online_update or "zypper patch".  
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:

  * Public Cloud Module 12  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Public-Cloud-12-2026-4286

## Package List:

  * Public Cloud Module 12 (aarch64 x86_64)
    * amazon-ssm-agent-3.3.5390.0-4.52.1

## References:

  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-56854.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-56855.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-71556.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-71557.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-78662.html
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1276981
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1276994
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1278681

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.suse.com/pipermail/sle-security-updates/attachments/20260922/55b411d9/attachment.htm>


More information about the sle-security-updates mailing list