SUSE-SU-2026:4285-1: important: Security update for bind

SLE-SECURITY-UPDATES null at suse.de
Tue Sep 22 20:33:09 UTC 2026


# Security update for bind

Announcement ID: SUSE-SU-2026:4285-1  
Release Date: 2026-09-22T16:08:34Z  
Rating: important  
References:

  * bsc#1280430
  * bsc#1280432
  * bsc#1280433
  * bsc#1280435
  * bsc#1280436
  * bsc#1280437
  * bsc#1280438
  * bsc#1280439
  * bsc#1280440
  * bsc#1280441
  * bsc#1280442
  * bsc#1280443
  * bsc#1280444
  * bsc#1280445

  
Cross-References:

  * CVE-2026-19033
  * CVE-2026-19662
  * CVE-2026-19666
  * CVE-2026-19667
  * CVE-2026-19668
  * CVE-2026-19941
  * CVE-2026-75029
  * CVE-2026-76163
  * CVE-2026-77119
  * CVE-2026-77692
  * CVE-2026-78301
  * CVE-2026-80274
  * CVE-2026-81563
  * CVE-2026-81736

  
CVSS scores:

  * CVE-2026-19033 ( SUSE ):  8.3
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:P/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:H/VA:L/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-19033 ( SUSE ):  6.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:H/A:L
  * CVE-2026-19033 ( NVD ):  6.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:H/A:L
  * CVE-2026-19662 ( SUSE ):  8.2
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:P/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-19662 ( SUSE ):  5.9 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-19662 ( NVD ):  5.9 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-19666 ( SUSE ):  8.7
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-19666 ( SUSE ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-19666 ( NVD ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-19667 ( SUSE ):  8.7
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-19667 ( SUSE ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-19667 ( NVD ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-19668 ( SUSE ):  6.9
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:L/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-19668 ( SUSE ):  5.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:L
  * CVE-2026-19668 ( NVD ):  5.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:L
  * CVE-2026-19941 ( SUSE ):  8.2
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:P/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:H/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-19941 ( SUSE ):  5.9 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:H/A:N
  * CVE-2026-19941 ( NVD ):  5.9 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:H/A:N
  * CVE-2026-75029 ( SUSE ):  6.9
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:L/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-75029 ( SUSE ):  5.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:L
  * CVE-2026-75029 ( NVD ):  5.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:L
  * CVE-2026-76163 ( SUSE ):  8.7
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-76163 ( SUSE ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-76163 ( NVD ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-77119 ( SUSE ):  8.2
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:P/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:H/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-77119 ( SUSE ):  5.9 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:H/A:N
  * CVE-2026-77119 ( NVD ):  5.9 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:H/A:N
  * CVE-2026-77692 ( SUSE ):  8.7
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-77692 ( SUSE ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-77692 ( NVD ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-78301 ( SUSE ):  8.9
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:P/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:H/VA:N/SC:N/SI:H/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-78301 ( SUSE ):  5.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:H/UI:N/S:C/C:N/I:H/A:N
  * CVE-2026-78301 ( NVD ):  5.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:H/UI:N/S:C/C:N/I:H/A:N
  * CVE-2026-80274 ( SUSE ):  8.7
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-80274 ( SUSE ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-80274 ( NVD ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-81563 ( SUSE ):  8.7
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-81563 ( SUSE ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-81563 ( NVD ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-81736 ( SUSE ):  8.7
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-81736 ( SUSE ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-81736 ( NVD ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H

  
Affected Products:

  * Basesystem Module 15-SP7
  * Server Applications Module 15-SP7
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 15 SP7
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Real Time 15 SP7
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP7
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 15 SP7

  
  
An update that solves 14 vulnerabilities can now be installed.

## Description:

This update for bind fixes the following issues:

  * CVE-2026-19033: Unauthenticated IXFR deltas are applied to the live zone
    before TSIG verification (bsc#1280430).
  * CVE-2026-19662: qpcache NOQNAME proof use-after-free crashes recursive
    resolver (bsc#1280432).
  * CVE-2026-19666: Use-after-free in query_addnoqnameproof() via the DNS64
    filter64 path (bsc#1280433).
  * CVE-2026-19667: Remote assertion failure via 16-bit length truncation in
    dns_ncache_add() (bsc#1280435).
  * CVE-2026-19668: Resource Exhaustion via Excessive DNSSEC Cryptographic
    Material Matching (bsc#1280436).
  * CVE-2026-19941: checkwildcard() accepts an out-of-zone NSEC as a wildcard-
    nonexistence proof (bsc#1280437).
  * CVE-2026-75029: Message parser retains every identical singleton RDATA,
    enabling wire-to-work amplification (bsc#1280438).
  * CVE-2026-76163: named aborts on a TKEY query when the user configuration has
    no global options statement (bsc#1280439).
  * CVE-2026-77119: NSEC3 insecure-referral proof can use unrelated cached NSEC3
    RRsets (bsc#1280440).
  * CVE-2026-77692: Unauthenticated remote crash of named via a single DoH
    SIG(0) request (bsc#1280441).
  * CVE-2026-78301: Out-of-zone database nodes can become authoritative zone
    cuts (bsc#1280442).
  * CVE-2026-80274: Validating resolver can abort while caching a mismatched
    NOQNAME proof (bsc#1280443).
  * CVE-2026-81563: SVCB AliasMode additional-data error leaks qpcache
    references (bsc#1280444).
  * CVE-2026-81736: Remote CPU denial of service through cached SVCB/HTTPS
    AliasMode trees (bsc#1280445).

Changes for bind:

Upgrade to release 9.20.29

New Features: * Disclose active Negative Trust Anchors with Extended DNS Error
33\. Feature Changes: * Reject oversized and malformed DNSKEY records up front.
* Speed up RPZ policy zone updates. Bug Fixes: * Prevent a crash when using both
dns64 and filter-a. * Stop passing UDP client addresses to update-policy
external helpers. * Missing required NSEC3 for delegation not detected. *
Tighten EUI48 and EUI64 text parsing. * GeoIP ACL state could be stale or wrong
after reload. * Honor DNSSEC policy key tag ranges. * Fix a double free in mdig
when EDNS options are specified. * Fix a crash when an IXFR falls back to AXFR
with updates still pending. * Fix DS requests to parental agents over TLS. * Fix
the rndc-confgen -q (quiet) option. * Enforce query ACLs for redirect zones and
searched DLZs. * Check asnum validity in GeoIP ACLs. * Fix a crash on remote-
servers lists that reference themselves. * A record from outside a response
policy zone could crash named. * Invalid key-store configuration could abort the
DNSSEC tools. * NSEC signature set could bypass the secure-delegation check. *
Fix a possible nsupdate issue when using GSS-TSIG. * Fix a crash with a single-
element geoip sortlist. * Prevent out-of-bailiwick CNAMEs from evicting cached
records. * Restore periodic cleanup of stale resolver address data. * Fix named-
checkconf/named crash with malformed key name. * Prevent resolver crashes while
processing DNS over TCP. * Ensure NSEC authority does not cross zonecut
boundary. * Treat an unusable NSEC3 chain as a verification failure. * Treat
non-canonical RPZ prefixes as any other failure. * Negative caching stopped
working with stale-answer-client-timeout set to 0. * An unterminated OpenSSL
private-key Label: field could be read past its parser buffer. * Restore SMF
support on Solaris and illumos. * Fix compilation on GNU/Hurd. * dig +yaml was
producing invalid YAML when a lookup failed. * Properly prevent TSIG generation
command line injection attacks. * Fix a potential heap bounds overflow write in
dnssec-signzone. * Fix crashes on invalid DNSTAP input in dnstap-read.

## Patch Instructions:

To install this SUSE update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like
YaST online_update or "zypper patch".  
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:

  * Basesystem Module 15-SP7  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Basesystem-15-SP7-2026-4285

  * Server Applications Module 15-SP7  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Server-Applications-15-SP7-2026-4285

## Package List:

  * Basesystem Module 15-SP7 (aarch64 ppc64le s390x x86_64)
    * bind-utils-9.20.29-150700.3.32.2
    * bind-debuginfo-9.20.29-150700.3.32.2
    * bind-utils-debuginfo-9.20.29-150700.3.32.2
    * bind-debugsource-9.20.29-150700.3.32.2
  * Server Applications Module 15-SP7 (aarch64 ppc64le s390x x86_64)
    * bind-debuginfo-9.20.29-150700.3.32.2
    * bind-9.20.29-150700.3.32.2
    * bind-debugsource-9.20.29-150700.3.32.2
  * Server Applications Module 15-SP7 (noarch)
    * bind-doc-9.20.29-150700.3.32.2

## References:

  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-19033.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-19662.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-19666.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-19667.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-19668.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-19941.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-75029.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-76163.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-77119.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-77692.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-78301.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-80274.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-81563.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-81736.html
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1280430
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1280432
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1280433
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1280435
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1280436
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1280437
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1280438
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1280439
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1280440
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1280441
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1280442
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1280443
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1280444
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1280445

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.suse.com/pipermail/sle-security-updates/attachments/20260922/4cb9dec8/attachment.htm>


More information about the sle-security-updates mailing list