SUSE-SU-2026:4311-1: important: Security update for podofo

SLE-SECURITY-UPDATES null at suse.de
Wed Sep 23 20:32:55 UTC 2026


# Security update for podofo

Announcement ID: SUSE-SU-2026:4311-1  
Release Date: 2026-09-23T15:58:05Z  
Rating: important  
References:

  * bsc#1084891
  * bsc#1184645
  * bsc#1186588
  * bsc#1190178

  
Cross-References:

  * CVE-2018-8002
  * CVE-2020-18971
  * CVE-2021-30470
  * CVE-2021-30471

  
CVSS scores:

  * CVE-2018-8002 ( SUSE ):  3.3 CVSS:3.0/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:L
  * CVE-2018-8002 ( NVD ):  8.8 CVSS:3.0/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2020-18971 ( NVD ):  5.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2021-30470 ( SUSE ):  8.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2021-30470 ( NVD ):  5.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2021-30471 ( SUSE ):  5.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2021-30471 ( NVD ):  5.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H

  
Affected Products:

  * openSUSE Leap 15.3
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 15 SP7
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Real Time 15 SP7
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP7
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 15 SP7
  * SUSE Package Hub 15 15-SP7

  
  
An update that solves four vulnerabilities can now be installed.

## Description:

This update for podofo fixes the following issues:

  * CVE-2018-8002: infinite loop vulnerability in ParseFileComplete()
    (bsc#1084891).
  * CVE-2020-18971: stack-based buffer overflow in src/base/PdfDictionary.cpp
    (bsc#1190178).
  * CVE-2021-30470: uncontrolled recursive call of funtions in
    src/base/PdfTokenizer.cpp can lead to a stack overflow (bsc#1186588).
  * CVE-2021-30471: uncontrolled recursive call in PdfNamesTree:AddToDictionary
    function in src/podofo/doc/PdfNamesTree.cpp (bsc#1184645).

## Patch Instructions:

To install this SUSE update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like
YaST online_update or "zypper patch".  
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:

  * openSUSE Leap 15.3  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-2026-4311

  * SUSE Package Hub 15 15-SP7  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Packagehub-Subpackages-15-SP7-2026-4311

## Package List:

  * openSUSE Leap 15.3 (aarch64 i586 ppc64le s390x x86_64)
    * podofo-debuginfo-0.9.6-150300.3.18.1
    * podofo-0.9.6-150300.3.18.1
    * libpodofo0_9_6-debuginfo-0.9.6-150300.3.18.1
    * libpodofo0_9_6-0.9.6-150300.3.18.1
    * podofo-debugsource-0.9.6-150300.3.18.1
    * libpodofo-devel-0.9.6-150300.3.18.1
  * SUSE Package Hub 15 15-SP7 (aarch64 ppc64le s390x x86_64)
    * podofo-debuginfo-0.9.6-150300.3.18.1
    * libpodofo0_9_6-0.9.6-150300.3.18.1
    * libpodofo0_9_6-debuginfo-0.9.6-150300.3.18.1
    * podofo-debugsource-0.9.6-150300.3.18.1

## References:

  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2018-8002.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2020-18971.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2021-30470.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2021-30471.html
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1084891
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1184645
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1186588
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1190178

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.suse.com/pipermail/sle-security-updates/attachments/20260923/b0465b10/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the sle-security-updates mailing list