SUSE-SU-2026:4309-1: important: Security update for gimp

SLE-SECURITY-UPDATES null at suse.de
Wed Sep 23 20:33:49 UTC 2026


# Security update for gimp

Announcement ID: SUSE-SU-2026:4309-1  
Release Date: 2026-09-23T13:18:47Z  
Rating: important  
References:

  * bsc#1273151
  * bsc#1274837
  * bsc#1274840
  * bsc#1276911
  * bsc#1277378
  * bsc#1279838
  * bsc#1279839

  
Cross-References:

  * CVE-2026-59088
  * CVE-2026-59090
  * CVE-2026-66757
  * CVE-2026-78465
  * CVE-2026-80101

  
CVSS scores:

  * CVE-2026-59088 ( SUSE ):  6.9
    CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-59088 ( SUSE ):  5.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-59088 ( NVD ):  5.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-59088 ( NVD ):  5.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-59090 ( SUSE ):  7.0
    CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:P/VC:L/VI:H/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-59090 ( SUSE ):  7.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:L/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-59090 ( NVD ):  9.9 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-59090 ( NVD ):  8.4 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:L/UI:N/S:C/C:L/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-66757 ( SUSE ):  6.8
    CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:P/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-66757 ( SUSE ):  5.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-66757 ( NVD ):  5.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-78465 ( SUSE ):  5.8
    CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:H/AT:N/PR:N/UI:P/VC:L/VI:L/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-78465 ( SUSE ):  5.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:L/I:L/A:H
  * CVE-2026-78465 ( NVD ):  7.0 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-80101 ( SUSE ):  4.8
    CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:P/VC:L/VI:N/VA:L/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-80101 ( SUSE ):  4.4 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:L/I:N/A:L
  * CVE-2026-80101 ( NVD ):  4.4 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:L/I:N/A:L

  
Affected Products:

  * openSUSE Leap 15.4
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 15 SP7
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Real Time 15 SP7
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP7
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 15 SP7
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Workstation Extension 15 SP7
  * SUSE Package Hub 15 15-SP7

  
  
An update that solves five vulnerabilities and has two security fixes can now be
installed.

## Description:

This update for gimp fixes the following issues:

Security issues fixed:

  * CVE-2026-59088: denial of service via signed integer overflow in FLI file
    processing (bsc#1274837).
  * CVE-2026-59090: arbitrary code execution in PSD plugin due to unsigned
    underflow (bsc#1274840).
  * CVE-2026-66757: signed integer overflow in `file-sgi` causes the plugin to
    crash when RLE-compressed SGI images are processed (bsc#1273151).
  * CVE-2026-78465: 32-bit integer overflow in PCX image memory calculations can
    cause undersized heap allocations (bsc#1277378).
  * CVE-2026-80101: independent header field validation in the XWD loader can
    cause heap out-of-bounds reads (bsc#1276911).

Non security issues fixed:

  * RLE-compressed SGI files are written with a bad offset table and 57 of 144
    scanlines fail to decode, on the patched and the released build alike
    (bsc#1279838).
  * XWD bytes-per-line guard can never fire, and load_xwd_f1_d24_b1() still
    allocates the unchecked header field (bsc#1279839).

## Patch Instructions:

To install this SUSE update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like
YaST online_update or "zypper patch".  
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:

  * openSUSE Leap 15.4  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-2026-4309

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Workstation Extension 15 SP7  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Product-WE-15-SP7-2026-4309

  * SUSE Package Hub 15 15-SP7  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Packagehub-Subpackages-15-SP7-2026-4309

## Package List:

  * openSUSE Leap 15.4 (aarch64 i586 ppc64le s390x x86_64)
    * gimp-plugin-aa-debuginfo-2.10.30-150400.3.74.1
    * libgimpui-2_0-0-debuginfo-2.10.30-150400.3.74.1
    * gimp-2.10.30-150400.3.74.1
    * libgimp-2_0-0-2.10.30-150400.3.74.1
    * libgimpui-2_0-0-2.10.30-150400.3.74.1
    * gimp-devel-2.10.30-150400.3.74.1
    * libgimp-2_0-0-debuginfo-2.10.30-150400.3.74.1
    * gimp-debuginfo-2.10.30-150400.3.74.1
    * gimp-plugin-aa-2.10.30-150400.3.74.1
    * gimp-devel-debuginfo-2.10.30-150400.3.74.1
    * gimp-debugsource-2.10.30-150400.3.74.1
  * openSUSE Leap 15.4 (noarch)
    * gimp-lang-2.10.30-150400.3.74.1
  * openSUSE Leap 15.4 (x86_64)
    * libgimpui-2_0-0-32bit-2.10.30-150400.3.74.1
    * libgimp-2_0-0-32bit-2.10.30-150400.3.74.1
    * libgimp-2_0-0-32bit-debuginfo-2.10.30-150400.3.74.1
    * libgimpui-2_0-0-32bit-debuginfo-2.10.30-150400.3.74.1
  * openSUSE Leap 15.4 (aarch64_ilp32)
    * libgimpui-2_0-0-64bit-debuginfo-2.10.30-150400.3.74.1
    * libgimp-2_0-0-64bit-debuginfo-2.10.30-150400.3.74.1
    * libgimp-2_0-0-64bit-2.10.30-150400.3.74.1
    * libgimpui-2_0-0-64bit-2.10.30-150400.3.74.1
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Workstation Extension 15 SP7 (x86_64)
    * libgimpui-2_0-0-debuginfo-2.10.30-150400.3.74.1
    * gimp-2.10.30-150400.3.74.1
    * libgimp-2_0-0-2.10.30-150400.3.74.1
    * libgimpui-2_0-0-2.10.30-150400.3.74.1
    * gimp-devel-2.10.30-150400.3.74.1
    * libgimp-2_0-0-debuginfo-2.10.30-150400.3.74.1
    * gimp-debuginfo-2.10.30-150400.3.74.1
    * gimp-devel-debuginfo-2.10.30-150400.3.74.1
    * gimp-debugsource-2.10.30-150400.3.74.1
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Workstation Extension 15 SP7 (noarch)
    * gimp-lang-2.10.30-150400.3.74.1
  * SUSE Package Hub 15 15-SP7 (aarch64 ppc64le s390x)
    * libgimpui-2_0-0-debuginfo-2.10.30-150400.3.74.1
    * libgimpui-2_0-0-2.10.30-150400.3.74.1
    * gimp-debugsource-2.10.30-150400.3.74.1
    * libgimp-2_0-0-debuginfo-2.10.30-150400.3.74.1
    * gimp-debuginfo-2.10.30-150400.3.74.1
    * libgimp-2_0-0-2.10.30-150400.3.74.1
  * SUSE Package Hub 15 15-SP7 (aarch64)
    * gimp-plugin-aa-debuginfo-2.10.30-150400.3.74.1
    * gimp-2.10.30-150400.3.74.1
    * gimp-devel-2.10.30-150400.3.74.1
    * gimp-plugin-aa-2.10.30-150400.3.74.1
    * gimp-devel-debuginfo-2.10.30-150400.3.74.1
  * SUSE Package Hub 15 15-SP7 (noarch)
    * gimp-lang-2.10.30-150400.3.74.1

## References:

  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-59088.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-59090.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-66757.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-78465.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-80101.html
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1273151
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1274837
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1274840
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1276911
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1277378
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1279838
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1279839

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.suse.com/pipermail/sle-security-updates/attachments/20260923/6710faf3/attachment.htm>


More information about the sle-security-updates mailing list