SUSE-SU-2026:4308-1: important: Security update for apptainer

SLE-SECURITY-UPDATES null at suse.de
Wed Sep 23 20:34:49 UTC 2026


# Security update for apptainer

Announcement ID: SUSE-SU-2026:4308-1  
Release Date: 2026-09-23T13:18:26Z  
Rating: important  
References:

  * bsc#1278666
  * bsc#1279033
  * bsc#1279236
  * bsc#1279333

  
Cross-References:

  * CVE-2026-56854
  * CVE-2026-56855
  * CVE-2026-78662
  * CVE-2026-84303
  * CVE-2026-84304
  * CVE-2026-84445

  
CVSS scores:

  * CVE-2026-56854 ( SUSE ):  8.6
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:L/UI:N/VC:H/VI:H/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-56854 ( SUSE ):  8.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:N
  * CVE-2026-56854 ( NVD ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:N
  * CVE-2026-56855 ( SUSE ):  8.7
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-56855 ( SUSE ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-56855 ( NVD ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-78662 ( SUSE ):  8.7
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-78662 ( SUSE ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:N
  * CVE-2026-78662 ( NVD ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:N
  * CVE-2026-84303 ( SUSE ):  9.1
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:P/PR:N/UI:N/VC:H/VI:H/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-84303 ( SUSE ):  9.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:N
  * CVE-2026-84303 ( NVD ):  6.3
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:P/PR:N/UI:N/VC:L/VI:L/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N/E:X/CR:X/IR:X/AR:X/MAV:X/MAC:X/MAT:X/MPR:X/MUI:X/MVC:X/MVI:X/MVA:X/MSC:X/MSI:X/MSA:X/S:X/AU:X/R:X/V:X/RE:X/U:X
  * CVE-2026-84304 ( SUSE ):  8.7
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-84304 ( SUSE ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-84304 ( NVD ):  8.7
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N/E:X/CR:X/IR:X/AR:X/MAV:X/MAC:X/MAT:X/MPR:X/MUI:X/MVC:X/MVI:X/MVA:X/MSC:X/MSI:X/MSA:X/S:X/AU:X/R:X/V:X/RE:X/U:X
  * CVE-2026-84445 ( SUSE ):  8.7
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-84445 ( SUSE ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-84445 ( NVD ):  8.7
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N/E:X/CR:X/IR:X/AR:X/MAV:X/MAC:X/MAT:X/MPR:X/MUI:X/MVC:X/MVI:X/MVA:X/MSC:X/MSI:X/MSA:X/S:X/AU:X/R:X/V:X/RE:X/U:X

  
Affected Products:

  * HPC Module 15-SP7
  * openSUSE Leap 15.6
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 15 SP7
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Real Time 15 SP7
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP6
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP6 LTSS
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP7
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 15 SP7
  * SUSE Package Hub 15 15-SP7

  
  
An update that solves six vulnerabilities can now be installed.

## Description:

This update for apptainer fixes the following issues:

  * CVE-2026-56854: golang.org/x/crypto/ssh: source-address restriction bypassed
    in 5 callback families (bsc#1278666).
  * CVE-2026-56855: golang.org/x/crypto/ssh: prevent DoS on deadlocked
    established channel (bsc#1278666).
  * CVE-2026-78662: golang.org/x/crypto/ssh: prevent DoS on deadlocked undecided
    channel (bsc#1278666).
  * CVE-2026-84303: google.golang.org/grpc: xDS RBAC HTTP filter implementation
    issue allows for bypass of authorization policies via mixed-case or
    canonical-case header matches (bsc#1279333).
  * CVE-2026-84304: google.golang.org/grpc: heap memory exhaustion via HTTP/2
    DATA frame fragmentation (bsc#1279236).
  * CVE-2026-84445: google.golang.org/grpc: DoS via crash due to missing
    ':authority' and 'Host' headers in gRPC-Go xDS servers (bsc#1279033).

## Patch Instructions:

To install this SUSE update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like
YaST online_update or "zypper patch".  
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:

  * openSUSE Leap 15.6  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-2026-4308

  * HPC Module 15-SP7  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-HPC-15-SP7-2026-4308

  * SUSE Package Hub 15 15-SP7  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Packagehub-Subpackages-15-SP7-2026-4308

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP6 LTSS  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Product-SLES-15-SP6-LTSS-2026-4308

## Package List:

  * openSUSE Leap 15.6 (aarch64 x86_64)
    * apptainer-suid-1.5.3-150600.4.43.1
    * apptainer-debuginfo-1.5.3-150600.4.43.1
    * apptainer-1.5.3-150600.4.43.1
    * apptainer-suid-debuginfo-1.5.3-150600.4.43.1
  * openSUSE Leap 15.6 (noarch)
    * apptainer-sle15_6-1.5.3-150600.4.43.1
    * apptainer-leap-1.5.3-150600.4.43.1
    * apptainer-sle16-1.5.3-150600.4.43.1
    * apptainer-sle15_7-1.5.3-150600.4.43.1
  * HPC Module 15-SP7 (aarch64 x86_64)
    * apptainer-debuginfo-1.5.3-150600.4.43.1
    * apptainer-1.5.3-150600.4.43.1
  * HPC Module 15-SP7 (noarch)
    * apptainer-sle15_7-1.5.3-150600.4.43.1
  * SUSE Package Hub 15 15-SP7 (aarch64 x86_64)
    * apptainer-suid-1.5.3-150600.4.43.1
    * apptainer-1.5.3-150600.4.43.1
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP6 LTSS (aarch64 x86_64)
    * apptainer-debuginfo-1.5.3-150600.4.43.1
    * apptainer-1.5.3-150600.4.43.1
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP6 LTSS (noarch)
    * apptainer-sle15_6-1.5.3-150600.4.43.1

## References:

  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-56854.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-56855.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-78662.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-84303.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-84304.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-84445.html
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1278666
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1279033
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1279236
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1279333

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.suse.com/pipermail/sle-security-updates/attachments/20260923/daabd373/attachment.htm>


More information about the sle-security-updates mailing list