SUSE-SU-2026:4315-1: important: Security update for the Linux Kernel (Live Patch 19 for SUSE Linux Enterprise 15 SP6)

SLE-SECURITY-UPDATES null at suse.de
Thu Sep 24 08:30:49 UTC 2026


# Security update for the Linux Kernel (Live Patch 19 for SUSE Linux Enterprise
15 SP6)

Announcement ID: SUSE-SU-2026:4315-1  
Release Date: 2026-09-23T19:34:20Z  
Rating: important  
References:

  * bsc#1267388
  * bsc#1273232
  * bsc#1274074
  * bsc#1274942
  * bsc#1275458

  
Cross-References:

  * CVE-2026-46150
  * CVE-2026-64423
  * CVE-2026-64561
  * CVE-2026-64564
  * CVE-2026-68138

  
CVSS scores:

  * CVE-2026-46150 ( SUSE ):  8.4
    CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:N/PR:L/UI:N/VC:H/VI:H/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-46150 ( SUSE ):  7.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:N
  * CVE-2026-46150 ( NVD ):  7.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:N
  * CVE-2026-64423 ( SUSE ):  7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-64423 ( NVD ):  7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-64561 ( SUSE ):  9.3
    CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:N/PR:L/UI:N/VC:H/VI:H/VA:H/SC:H/SI:H/SA:H
  * CVE-2026-64561 ( SUSE ):  8.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-64561 ( NVD ):  8.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-64564 ( SUSE ):  8.5
    CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:N/PR:L/UI:N/VC:H/VI:H/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-64564 ( SUSE ):  7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-64564 ( NVD ):  9.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-68138 ( SUSE ):  7.3
    CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:P/PR:L/UI:N/VC:H/VI:H/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-68138 ( SUSE ):  7.0 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-68138 ( NVD ):  7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H

  
Affected Products:

  * openSUSE Leap 15.5
  * openSUSE Leap 15.6
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise High Performance Computing 15 SP5
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Live Patching 15-SP5
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Live Patching 15-SP6
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Micro 5.5
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Real Time 15 SP5
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Real Time 15 SP6
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP5
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP6
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 15 SP5
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 15 SP6

  
  
An update that solves five vulnerabilities can now be installed.

## Description:

This update for the SUSE Linux Enterprise Kernel 6.4.0-150600.23.84 fixes
various security issues:

The following security issues were fixed:

  * CVE-2026-46150: fanotify: fix false positive on permission events
    (bsc#1267388).
  * CVE-2026-64423: ipv4: igmp: remove multicast group from hash table on device
    destruction (bsc#1275458).
  * CVE-2026-64561: KVM: x86: Check for invalid/obsolete root _after_ making MMU
    pages available (Zapscape) (bsc#1273232).
  * CVE-2026-64564: sctp: don't free the ASCONF's own transport in DEL-IP
    processing (SCTPhantom) (bsc#1274074).
  * CVE-2026-68138: net/sched: serialize qdisc_rtab_list against concurrent
    get/put (bsc#1274942).

## Patch Instructions:

To install this SUSE update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like
YaST online_update or "zypper patch".  
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Live Patching 15-SP5  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Live-Patching-15-SP5-2026-4315

  * openSUSE Leap 15.5  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-2026-4315

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Live Patching 15-SP6  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Live-Patching-15-SP6-2026-4318 SUSE-SLE-
Module-Live-Patching-15-SP6-2026-4319 SUSE-SLE-Module-Live-
Patching-15-SP6-2026-4314 SUSE-SLE-Module-Live-Patching-15-SP6-2026-4316 SUSE-
SLE-Module-Live-Patching-15-SP6-2026-4317

  * openSUSE Leap 15.6  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-2026-4319 SUSE-2026-4314 SUSE-2026-4316 SUSE-2026-4317
SUSE-2026-4318

## Package List:

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Live Patching 15-SP5 (ppc64le s390x x86_64)
    * kernel-livepatch-5_14_21-150500_55_169-default-5-150500.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-SLE15-SP5_Update_41-debugsource-5-150500.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-5_14_21-150500_55_169-default-debuginfo-5-150500.2.1
  * openSUSE Leap 15.5 (ppc64le s390x x86_64)
    * kernel-livepatch-5_14_21-150500_55_169-default-5-150500.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-SLE15-SP5_Update_41-debugsource-5-150500.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-5_14_21-150500_55_169-default-debuginfo-5-150500.2.1
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Live Patching 15-SP6 (ppc64le s390x x86_64)
    * kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150600_23_65-default-debuginfo-17-150600.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-SLE15-SP6_Update_15-debugsource-17-150600.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150600_23_65-default-17-150600.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-SLE15-SP6_Update_17-debugsource-12-150600.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150600_23_84-default-debuginfo-12-150600.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150600_23_81-default-12-150600.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150600_23_84-default-12-150600.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150600_23_70-default-17-150600.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150600_23_78-default-12-150600.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150600_23_81-default-debuginfo-12-150600.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150600_23_78-default-debuginfo-12-150600.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-SLE15-SP6_Update_18-debugsource-12-150600.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-SLE15-SP6_Update_14-debugsource-17-150600.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150600_23_70-default-debuginfo-17-150600.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-SLE15-SP6_Update_19-debugsource-12-150600.2.1
  * openSUSE Leap 15.6 (ppc64le s390x x86_64)
    * kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150600_23_65-default-debuginfo-17-150600.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-SLE15-SP6_Update_15-debugsource-17-150600.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150600_23_65-default-17-150600.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-SLE15-SP6_Update_17-debugsource-12-150600.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150600_23_84-default-debuginfo-12-150600.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150600_23_81-default-12-150600.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150600_23_84-default-12-150600.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150600_23_70-default-17-150600.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150600_23_78-default-12-150600.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150600_23_81-default-debuginfo-12-150600.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150600_23_78-default-debuginfo-12-150600.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-SLE15-SP6_Update_18-debugsource-12-150600.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-SLE15-SP6_Update_14-debugsource-17-150600.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150600_23_70-default-debuginfo-17-150600.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-SLE15-SP6_Update_19-debugsource-12-150600.2.1

## References:

  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-46150.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-64423.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-64561.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-64564.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-68138.html
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1267388
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1273232
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1274074
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1274942
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1275458

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.suse.com/pipermail/sle-security-updates/attachments/20260924/0f9f64ce/attachment.htm>


More information about the sle-security-updates mailing list