SUSE-SU-2026:23923-1: important: Security update for libsoup
SLE-UPDATES
null at suse.de
Wed Sep 30 08:33:47 UTC 2026
# Security update for libsoup
Announcement ID: SUSE-SU-2026:23923-1
Release Date: 2026-09-18T07:07:34Z
Rating: important
References:
* bsc#1277757
* bsc#1279238
* bsc#1279239
Cross-References:
* CVE-2026-13732
* CVE-2026-85197
* CVE-2026-85534
CVSS scores:
* CVE-2026-13732 ( SUSE ): 8.4
CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:A/VC:H/VI:H/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
* CVE-2026-13732 ( SUSE ): 7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
* CVE-2026-13732 ( NVD ): 7.0 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
* CVE-2026-85197 ( SUSE ): 7.7
CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:H/AT:N/PR:N/UI:P/VC:H/VI:H/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
* CVE-2026-85197 ( SUSE ): 7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
* CVE-2026-85197 ( NVD ): 7.6 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:L/I:L/A:H
* CVE-2026-85534 ( SUSE ): 9.2
CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:H/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:H/VI:H/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
* CVE-2026-85534 ( SUSE ): 8.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
* CVE-2026-85534 ( NVD ): 5.9 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
Affected Products:
* SUSE Linux Micro 6.1
* SUSE Linux Micro Extras 6.1
An update that solves three vulnerabilities can now be installed.
## Security update for libsoup
### Description:
This update for libsoup fixes the following issues:
* CVE-2026-85197: heap use-after-free in HTTP/2 `client on_data_read()` via
`GOAWAY` during body upload (bsc#1279238).
* CVE-2026-85534: heap buffer overflow in `SoupSession` through
`on_data_source_read_callback()` via `SETTINGS` frame with crafted
`INITIAL_WINDOW_SIZE` (bsc#1279239).
## Security update for gdb
### Description:
This update for gdb fixes the following issue:
* CVE-2026-13732: Out-of-bounds write in STABS parser read_member_functions()
via crafted ELF (bsc#1277757).
## Patch Instructions:
To install this SUSE update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like
YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
* SUSE Linux Micro Extras 6.1
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Micro-Extras-6.1-740
* SUSE Linux Micro 6.1
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Micro-6.1-738
## Package List:
* SUSE Linux Micro Extras 6.1 (aarch64 ppc64le s390x x86_64)
* gdb-debuginfo-13.2-slfo.1.1_2.1
* gdb-13.2-slfo.1.1_2.1
* gdb-debugsource-13.2-slfo.1.1_2.1
* SUSE Linux Micro 6.1 (aarch64 ppc64le s390x x86_64)
* libsoup-3_0-0-3.4.4-slfo.1.1_11.1
* libsoup-3_0-0-debuginfo-3.4.4-slfo.1.1_11.1
* libsoup-debugsource-3.4.4-slfo.1.1_11.1
## References:
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-13732.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-85197.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-85534.html
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1277757
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1279238
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1279239
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.suse.com/pipermail/sle-updates/attachments/20260930/432caece/attachment.htm>
More information about the sle-updates
mailing list