SUSE-SU-2026:4398-1: important: Security update for python-pymongo

SLE-UPDATES null at suse.de
Wed Sep 30 08:34:29 UTC 2026


# Security update for python-pymongo

Announcement ID: SUSE-SU-2026:4398-1  
Release Date: 2026-09-29T16:18:54Z  
Rating: important  
References:

  * bsc#1282827
  * bsc#1282844
  * bsc#1282845

  
Cross-References:

  * CVE-2026-96747
  * CVE-2026-96748
  * CVE-2026-96749

  
CVSS scores:

  * CVE-2026-96747 ( SUSE ):  2.3
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:P/PR:L/UI:N/VC:L/VI:N/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-96747 ( SUSE ):  4.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:N/A:N
  * CVE-2026-96747 ( NVD ):  5.3
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:L/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:N/SC:L/SI:N/SA:N/E:X/CR:X/IR:X/AR:X/MAV:X/MAC:X/MAT:X/MPR:X/MUI:X/MVC:X/MVI:X/MVA:X/MSC:X/MSI:X/MSA:X/S:X/AU:X/R:X/V:X/RE:X/U:X
  * CVE-2026-96747 ( NVD ):  5.0 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:C/C:L/I:N/A:N
  * CVE-2026-96748 ( SUSE ):  6.3
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:P/PR:N/UI:N/VC:L/VI:L/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-96748 ( SUSE ):  6.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:L/A:N
  * CVE-2026-96748 ( NVD ):  8.3
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:P/PR:N/UI:N/VC:L/VI:H/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N/E:X/CR:X/IR:X/AR:X/MAV:X/MAC:X/MAT:X/MPR:X/MUI:X/MVC:X/MVI:X/MVA:X/MSC:X/MSI:X/MSA:X/S:X/AU:X/R:X/V:X/RE:X/U:X
  * CVE-2026-96748 ( NVD ):  6.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:H/A:N
  * CVE-2026-96749 ( SUSE ):  9.2
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:H/AT:P/PR:N/UI:N/VC:H/VI:H/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-96749 ( SUSE ):  8.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-96749 ( NVD ):  7.5
    CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:P/PR:N/UI:N/VC:H/VI:H/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N/E:X/CR:X/IR:X/AR:X/MAV:X/MAC:X/MAT:X/MPR:X/MUI:X/MVC:X/MVI:X/MVA:X/MSC:X/MSI:X/MSA:X/S:X/AU:X/R:X/V:X/RE:X/U:X
  * CVE-2026-96749 ( NVD ):  8.4 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H

  
Affected Products:

  * openSUSE Leap 15.3
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 15 SP7
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Real Time 15 SP7
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP7
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 15 SP7
  * SUSE Package Hub 15 15-SP7

  
  
An update that solves three vulnerabilities can now be installed.

## Description:

This update for python-pymongo fixes the following issues:

  * CVE-2026-96747: improper handling of key management endpoint values ending
    in `.sock` allows users with write access to the encryption key metadata to
    open connections to local sockets on the application host (bsc#1282844).
  * CVE-2026-96748: host injection in connection string leading to database
    connection redirection due to improper connection string parsing
    (bsc#1282827).
  * CVE-2026-96749: integer overflow in BSON document encoding allows an
    unprivileged user to write outside the bounds of an allocated buffer
    (bsc#1282845).

## Patch Instructions:

To install this SUSE update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like
YaST online_update or "zypper patch".  
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:

  * openSUSE Leap 15.3  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-2026-4398

  * SUSE Package Hub 15 15-SP7  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Packagehub-Subpackages-15-SP7-2026-4398

## Package List:

  * openSUSE Leap 15.3 (aarch64 i586 ppc64le s390x x86_64)
    * python3-pymongo-3.11.0-150300.3.6.1
    * python2-pymongo-debuginfo-3.11.0-150300.3.6.1
    * python2-pymongo-3.11.0-150300.3.6.1
    * python-pymongo-debugsource-3.11.0-150300.3.6.1
    * python-pymongo-debuginfo-3.11.0-150300.3.6.1
    * python3-pymongo-debuginfo-3.11.0-150300.3.6.1
  * SUSE Package Hub 15 15-SP7 (aarch64 ppc64le s390x x86_64)
    * python-pymongo-debugsource-3.11.0-150300.3.6.1
    * python3-pymongo-3.11.0-150300.3.6.1
    * python-pymongo-debuginfo-3.11.0-150300.3.6.1
    * python3-pymongo-debuginfo-3.11.0-150300.3.6.1

## References:

  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-96747.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-96748.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-96749.html
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1282827
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1282844
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1282845

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.suse.com/pipermail/sle-updates/attachments/20260930/f30c5903/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the sle-updates mailing list