[sle-beta] UUDI not tested - Wrong Hostname updated --cleanup

Hernán Schmidt hschmidt at suse.de
Mon Mar 12 07:53:07 MDT 2018

Hi Dick,

Thanks for the write up and the suggestion.

> Why not use the machines UUID as the SCC USERNAME, then you are sure
> to be sure your talking to who you think you are, well better than
> now.

Yes, that would be a good solution. Unfortunately, SUSEConnect needs to
work on a large variety of devices, and we found that a large portion
of devices do not provide a UUID. To keep things simple for all cases,
we decided to generate a system "login" which gets saved to the
filesystem (the SCCcredentials file).
For that reason it's necessary to call --cleanup on the cloned system,
or alternatively, call --cleanup on the original system before saving
the snapshot, so that all clones are "clean" already.

Best regards,
--
Hernán Schmidt
SUSE Customer Center