[sle-beta] UUDI not tested - Wrong Hostname updated --cleanup

Waite, Dick (External) Dick.Waite at softwareag.com
Tue Mar 13 00:11:04 MDT 2018

Last word and then I shut up...

You can not update / write to a database / registry without any check that the caller is entitled to update / write that field. Even a Hostname check would be better that nothing. The  --cleanup option will be forgotten at some time by someone and then that lowly clone is going to update the SCC of a valuable Mother or maybe even a queen.

If the customer has forgotten the --cleanup and left the hostname the same as mother then you have done your due diligence. I expect in this case it's an deliberate attack to cause the site issues.

That's it.....now I can sleep at night ;o)

__R