[sle-beta] Trying to upgrade to SUSE Linux Enterprise 15 Service Pack 2 Public Release Candidate 1

Kevin Murray Kevin.Murray at novachem.com
Thu Apr 30 08:47:20 MDT 2020

I have been given access to upgrade to this new service pack to help resolve another issue.

The problem I am experiencing is:

I am booting from the ISO attached to a HyperV hosted SLES 15 SP1 server. I select UPGRADE. Then it gets to the screen where the green, 3 segment status bar appears. The three bars progress until they become one solid color and then the system just hangs. I have let the VM sit at this point for well over 2 hours.

I have never had to wait this long before when doing an upgrade.

Would it be possible for someone to reply stating what the next step in the upgrade process should be showing up on the screen?

This may help me figure out what the issue is.

I have experienced issues upgrading other SUSE VMs in the past if they had more than one NIC. This VM does have 2 NICs. Could this be an issue?

The VM is fully patched as of this morning.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kevin Murray
Cyber Security Analyst
NOVA Chemicals Corporation