[sles-beta] few things to note after my first install

Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de
Fri Feb 22 02:18:48 MST 2013

On Thu, Feb 21, David Boyes wrote:

> > Depends on how you define A and B.
> > In this case, A = B is correct.
>
> I would disagree.
>
> A = No update repositories configured (there are no repositories)
> B = No updates available (the repositories are configured but are empty)
>
> The server error code for A and B should not be the same, as they are not the same issue (and B is not necessarily an error).
>
> ==db
>
> PS: Given that you're getting a lot of testing work here (for free, no less), do you think you might consider toning down the sarcasm/attitude a bit? It's not doing you any favors, and is definitely not calculated to build a good path to Win Friends and Influence People.

There was no sarcasm, and sorry, we are not stupid.
If I tell you, that in this case A=B, then this is fact, and
I don't understand how you can disagree. Especially not has you know
nothing about the infrastructure at all. Independent of if you like
it or not.
There are reasons for this and we will not change that for beta testers,
since this is not an issue for customers.

  Thorsten