[sles-beta] GRUB and VMware disks

Waite, Dick (External) Dick.Waite at softwareag.com
Wed May 18 10:39:42 MDT 2016

Hi Mike,
Have a look at bug# 945095
__R
From: sles-beta-bounces at lists.suse.com [sles-beta-bounces at lists.suse.com] on behalf of Marion, Mike [mmarion at qualcomm.com]
Sent: 18 May 2016 18:00
To: sles-beta at lists.suse.com
Subject: Re: [sles-beta] GRUB and VMware disks

On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 09:02:48AM +0000, Waite, Dick (External) wrote:

> Second issue is almost the same as SLES12 SP1 Beta1 we have having issues to
> access LVM VMware disks, see last two png.

Seeing the same (likely) issue with LVM inside KVM installs, going
to try bare metal today.  If I log into the emergency mode and run
lvscan -v it shows all but the / volume as inactive.  I checked and
while /etc/lvm.conf has
use_lvmetad = 1
that is set to 0 inside the initrd automatically.

I recall the 12.1 beta had similar issues early on as well.

--
Mike Marion-Unix SysAdmin/Sr. Staff IT Engineer-http://www.qualcomm.com
Homer: "Marge!  The bathroom scale is lying again!"

Software AG – Sitz/Registered office: Uhlandstraße 12, 64297 Darmstadt, Germany – Registergericht/Commercial register: Darmstadt HRB 1562 - Vorstand/Management Board: Karl-Heinz Streibich (Vorsitzender/Chairman), Eric Duffaut, Dr. Wolfram Jost, Arnd Zinnhardt; - Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dr. Andreas Bereczky - http://www.softwareag.com