[sles-beta] Getting KDE running

Matthias G. Eckermann mge at suse.com
Thu Feb 27 04:24:13 MST 2014

Hello Dick and all,

On 2014-02-27 T 10:16 +0000 Waite, Dick wrote:

> Can one use the .iso's from opensuse 13-1 to try and
> get a workable KDE Desktop? From what I see with the
> SLE 12 Beta we are missing some bits and bobs.

I am afraid, the differences between openSUSE 13.1
and SLES 12 are too heavy. Packages from the OBS might
work.

Before we proceed in that direction, though, let me
include Jan Weber here, our Product Manager for SUSE
Linux Enterprise Desktop (product) and desktop related
questions in SUSE Linux Enterprise.

I think, what he might primarily be interested in: what
is the _specific_ Use Case for KDE on a Server product?

Please remember, we are only talking the KDE desktop
here, we certainly will continue to support the Qt
stack on SUSE Linux Enterprise 12.

I already got one point / Use Case:
1. Partners will have to change their documentation

What else?

Thanks in advance!

so long -
	MgE

--
Matthias G. Eckermann     Senior Product Manager   SUSE® Linux Enterprise
Phone: +49 30 44315731    Mobile: +49 179 2949448    E-Mail: mge at suse.com