[sles-beta] FTP

Joe Doupnik jrd at netlab1.net
Fri Mar 7 07:41:59 MST 2014

     I know that some have negative feelings about this, but there is a
failure in the current design. It is the loss of lukemftp (the normal
FTP client) and vsftpd FTP server. There is a client replacement, lftp,
which tries to be all things to all people and makes a muddle of it. So
far neither is present when building a system.
     To make progress I had to wildly guess that   zypper in lftp would
work, which it did.
     For FTP serving my strong preference is for vsftpd, and it is not
present.
     Thanks,
     Joe D.