[sles-beta] after.local scripts works - before.local does not

Frederic Crozat fcrozat at suse.com
Wed Mar 19 08:11:36 MDT 2014

Le mercredi 19 mars 2014 à 13:44 +0000, Beddingfield, Allen a écrit :
> Will this be supported at some point?  It just seems strange that a blank template for before.local exists, when it did not on previous versions, but is unsupported here :)

Hmm, that's a bug, it shouldn't be there.. I'll open a bug report for
this.

> I assume that after.local is expected to continue to function as before?

Yes, it is still supported, as well as /etc/init.d/halt.local.

However, I'd suggest to move from after.local to systemd service, which
are more fine grained and will allow you to be more precise in "when"
you want your scripts to be run during the boot process.

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat at suse.com>
SUSE