[sles-beta] Comments on wicked in today's presentations

Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de
Mon Mar 24 15:36:05 MDT 2014

On Mon, Mar 24, Joe Doupnik wrote:

>      Further on what we know so far. Just what are those problems which
> need solving (my place may not face them), and how would wicked go about
> solving them? I dunno.

Other question: which problems do you have caused by wicked and where
do you come in contact with it?
Up to now, I haven't seen any report here which where caused by
wicked.

> What does wicked do today in Beta 3?

Making sure that your network interfaces will be setup and configured
with an IP address.
Which was done by a lot of shell scripts in SLES11 before.

> I really don't  know, but its presence might contribute to our current
> problems.

Which problems?
I only know about the interface renaming discussions, but this has
nothing to do with wicked.

> Do I need to take a training course to keep my Ethernet adapter and
> IPtables script working?

Do you had any issues in this regard with Beta1 - Beta3?
Your interfaces are still the same as with SLES11: YaST2 and
the config files in /etc/sysconfig/network.

I have the feeling you are mixing up several things which
are not connected.