[sles-beta] Comments on wicked in today's presentations

Joe Doupnik jrd at netlab1.net
Tue Mar 25 02:40:38 MDT 2014

     The difficulties to which I refer below are two: the discussed
interface naming and associated ifcfg-X contents, and then yesterday the
peculiar problem of wireshark seeing no packets. The latter suggests
wicked derived apparatus is not yet ready for packet captures.
     As for shell scripts, they at least work and are well proven in the
field. Wicked exchanges them for its own scripts. So I think this is not
a good argument on either side of the problem.
     What counts is the apparatus works as intended, is understood by
owners and not least how it interfaces with human managers.
     Thanks,
     Joe D.