[sles-beta] MariaDB packages discussion

Beddingfield, Allen allen at ua.edu
Mon Apr 21 13:18:34 MDT 2014

I notice that the packages for MariaDB that are provided so far are:
mariadb
mariadb-client
mariadb-tools
mariadb-errormessages

Will the package for the MariaDB Galera cluster software be available?
>From what I can tell, the mariadb-galera package is being provided by Ubuntu and possibly Debian.  The MariaDB folks are providing a Yum repo for RHEL/CentOS that includes it, but it is not available (that I can find) for SLES 11.x, in the 12.x betas, or in OpenSUSE 13.1.  I've also checked the server:database repo on the OpenSUSE Build Service, and it is not included for the 5.5.x or 10.x line.

Is there an official word on whether this package will be included?  We've already migrated to running MariaDB on SLES 11.x (using the builds in server:database), and I would rather not have to compile from source or run on another distro to use Galera.  I suppose I could take a shot at building/maintaining my own rpm, but it seems like something that should be provided, if the direction is toward MariaDB and away from MySQL.

Allen B.

--
Allen Beddingfield
Systems Engineer