[sles-beta] KDE Desktop not available?

Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de
Thu Apr 24 02:19:29 MDT 2014

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 24, Waite, Dick wrote:

> 	To be honest at the moment it's not the choice of Display Manager that is holding us back testing SLE 12 SP-0 it's not being able to Upgrade our QE enviroment from SLE 11 SP-3, even very simple machine configurations fail either in "network", "grub" or "Display" on the re-ipl of the new enviroment. Looking forward to beta6 fixing the Upgrade issues otherwise we might not have enough time left before SP-0 is cast in stone.

Since you always write "re-ipl" I assume you are speaking about
SystemZ?
I can only test x86-64, and there upgrade works since several
Betas without real problems (means there are only cosmetic ones
and that you cannot register yet). And yes, you can ignore popups
that the network configuration couldn't be adjusted, you don't want
that this works.

But I cannot find any bug report for System Z upgrade problems.

Beside that: I did never understand and I think I will never understand
why people wants to make an upgrade of production machines from one
major release to another.
Upgrade always needs much more time and the machine is out of production
during that time.

  Thorsten