[sles-beta] Kernel: use_tempaddr = 0 and Forwarding

Günther J. Niederwimmer gjn at gjn.priv.at
Mon Apr 28 09:57:45 MDT 2014

Hello,

Question: Is it really a good idea to activate in SLES ipv6 ..._use_tempaddr =
1.

I like to configure my server with "static" Addresses for IPv6 but it is nearly
not Possible.

I have set in /sysctl.d/@99-sysctl.conf

net.ipv6.conf.all.use_tempaddr = 0
net.ipv6.conf.default.use_tempaddr = 0

but the most time, I have on my IPv6 bridge two IPv6 Addresses my static and a
tmpaddr (global) ?

Question2: Is in YaST2 Networkconfig the Forwarding Button functional?

Is this a Firewall config or Kernel Config ?

I have to set for a working IPv6

net.ipv6.conf.all.forwarding = 1

in the sysctl.conf than I can connect with IPv6 ?

--
mit freundlichen Grüßen / best Regards,

  Günther J. Niederwimmer