[sles-beta] A working autoyast example for SLES12B7

Darren Thompson darrent at akurit.com.au
Wed May 28 00:35:25 MDT 2014

Team

Please find attached a "mostly working" example autoyast file for SLES12B7

Notes:
1. It pauses at the "confirm configuration" screen, you need to press
"install" button to continue. (what setting is required to stop this?)
2. I have configured the HA option to install as an add-on, please adapt or
remove as suits your site/testing
3. Clearly names, network card configurations, IP addresses, DNS zone etc
will need to be customised for your site.

To use this you need to create a "network install" server (using the YAST2
installserver option) and import SLES12B7 (and optionally SLES12-HA-B7)

1. Boot from a preconfigured PXE or the
"SLE-12-Server-MINI-ISO-x86_64-Beta7-DVD" media
2. use arrow keys and select "install" DO NOT HIT RETURN KEY AT THIS POINT
3. enter the optional peramiters:
install=http://{yourinstallserveripaddress}/{pathtoinstallmedia}/CD1
autoyast=http://
{yourinstallserveripaddress}/{pathtoautoyastfile/node1-autoyast.xml

I hope others find this useful as it's taken me a long while to get this
far...

--

Darren Thompson

Professional Services Engineer / Consultant

 *[image: cid:image001.jpg at 01CB7C0C.6C6A2AE0]*

Level 3, 60 City Road

Southgate, VIC 3006

Mb: 0400 640 414

Mail: darrent at akurit.com.au <steve at akurit.com.au>